Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should transgender women be able to compete in women’s sports?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Nov-16 by Showtalk; 782 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Nov-16

Should transgender women be able to compete in women's sports?
  • Yes, they are women now1  vote
    2%
  • No, they have an unfair physical advantage over other women39  votes
    81%
  • Why get upset, sports are just entertainment?0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, but in separate teams and leagues for transgender women3  votes
    6%
  • I don't know4  votes
    8%
  • Other1  vote
    2%
Yes, they are women now 
No, they have an unfair physical advantage over other women 
Why get upset, sports are just entertainment? 
Yes, but in separate teams and leagues for transgender women 
I don't know 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Nov-16

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Staff

Nov-16

kizmet1

Nov-16

Using Bruce Jenner as an example he/she spent a lifetime doing heavy duty training with male hormones. It would be very unfair for him to compete as a woman now unless all the other contestants started out as men.
  • Edited November 16, 2020 11:03 pm  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

Nov-17

Although, these are young athletes in their prime.  Transgender people are some of the most abused, still today.  Depression is high in that community.  I understand why athletes don’t want to give up their sports, since they would not be allowed to compete as men either. But people who transition don’t lose their body strength they had before. It’s a real dilemma in the sports world. Although I don’t know how widespread it is, as the numbers of transgender athletes who can compete at those levels must be small compared to the total number of athletes.

kizmet1

Nov-17

It is their choice to make. Have surgery and take hormones forever and never compete or reject surgery and compete. Those who really want to compete reject surgery and hormones, at least until they are too old to do it.
Personally, I hate all the emphasis put on sports on my antenna tv stations every weekend while many of the Olympics are on cable. Sports are even preempting presidental election news.
Showtalk
Staff

Nov-17

To some, sports are their lives.  I don’t think surgery is the question, because they are competing before having it as well.  A friend’s child is transitioning to female and it’s extremely complicated and expensive.  She thought her son was gay but now she has a daughter. She is very open minded about it but it’s still be extremely stressful.  Her child is not an athlete.

kizmet1

Nov-17

I am sorry the operations were ever invented. What if there is a shortage of drugs and hormones used?
kizmet1

Nov-17

Whatever happened to Sonny and Cher's child Chastity/Chaz Bono? After DWTS we never heard a peep. Did he find happiness?
kizmet1

Nov-17

Ever hear of Christine Jorgensen or Renee' Richards?
I was very young when I walked in on my mother watching The Tonight Show and wanted to.know what Jorgensen was famous for. I was told it was time for me to go to bed. I didn't think she was very pretty but she had a nice dress on. Where did she get the money ? She was in her 60's when she died. Looked like heck.
I remember Richards suing to play tennis with women. Seemed kind of unfair to the women playing against her.