Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you overweight?   The Nurturing You: Feel Good, Fun and Helpful Polls

Started Jan-8 by Showtalk; 633 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Jan-8

Are you overweight?
  • Yes, extremely2  votes
    11%
  • Yes, slightly but I'm not obese8  votes
    44%
  • No, my weight is just right4  votes
    22%
  • No, I'm slightly underweight2  votes
    11%
  • No, I am seriously underweight0  votes
    0%
  • Other2  votes
    11%
Yes, extremely 
Yes, slightly but I'm not obese 
No, my weight is just right 
No, I'm slightly underweight 
No, I am seriously underweight 
Other 
kizmet1

Jan-8

This is a game I have quit playing. I go by various pants and tees. If they fit, fine. If too tight, I don't wear them.
Right now, everything is very loose on me and it is an expensive nuisance to find pants that fit. My problem is that I have short legs and long body. Costco has the cheapest pants but many are very synthetic or not denim. Martha has stupid pullon denim to fit her but not me. This leads me to.my new pet peeve: All 6 of the manufacturers selling pants at Costco last week had almost identical pull on stretch pants with very strong elastic waistbands. No zippers. One or two pair might be fine but there are times when a mad dash to the bathroom will not accomodate zipperless pants.
Showtalk
Host

Jan-8

I’m comfortable with where I am. If you are, that is all that matters.  I started the poll because every year people make a resolution to lose weight but don’t or they wouldn’t have to make the same one the next year.

kizmet1

Jan-8

I am most comfortable when I have pants on that fit. Too big and they show my navel in winter. Too small and I stay home.
I was hoping to find someone to bring all my too big pants to the short women who lost homes in the recent forest fire in the country. They will need denim when reclaiming their land for farming. I have about a 28"-30" inseam in men's Levis. Ladies pants are usually way too long.
Showtalk
Host

Jan-8

Can you find your size online?

kizmet1

Jan-8

Probably but more expensive.
Even the pants I get really cheap at Costco are not uniform in size. One is a baggy 6 but another is an even baggier 4. I make sure they have belt loops. I have been very lucky about hitting Costco when they are having pants on clearance.
Showtalk
Host

Jan-9

Relaxed fit clothing has ruined sizing.  I bought what I thought were the same pair of pants in a different color at another store last year. Washed them and realized they were both relaxed fit and stretchy at the same time.  So they sag in places and they never shrunk down like jeans usually do.  I had to shorten them by hand as all I could get were too long. Usually they shrink enough in length to fit.  

kizmet1

Jan-9

I have to look at the ingredients clothes are made of and where made. Some are a blend with cotton but too many have fabric I have never heard of before. Most from China and tropical countries where only cotton is worn daily due to the heat.
Seeing 6 mfgrs at Costco with identical pull on pants should be a warning to women everywhere. Store must have male buyers? I'd like to see their pants made the same way, synthetics and no zippers.
Showtalk
Host

Jan-9

There several new blends I’m not familiar with. I don't know what they are made out of because they have new names I don’t recognize.

kizmet1

Jan-9

I see Tencel on a lot of things lately. To me, it is just a fancy word for polyester. Even rayon is synthetic. Any are fine if blended with cotton.