Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have you ever swam with a dolphin?   The Natural You: Wild Kingdom

Started Apr-24 by WALTER784; 357 views.
WALTER784
Staff

Poll Question From WALTER784

Apr-24

Have you ever swam with a dolphin?
  • Yes1  vote
    14%
  • No6  votes
    85%
  • Other (Please explain)0  votes
    0%
Yes 
No 
Other (Please explain) 
In reply toRe: msg 1
WALTER784
Staff

Apr-24

It's unexplainable unless you have! And for those who have... no need to explain!

FWIW

• Edited April 24, 2022 12:08 pm  by  WALTER784
Elarepea

Apr-26

No, I haven't but I would LOVE to do this!

WALTER784
Staff

Apr-26

That picture was taken at Discovery Cove in Orlando, Florida. All-Inclusive Family Resort in Orlando, Florida | Discovery Cove

They aren't cheap, but it was well worth every penny I paid.

It was the most exciting and relaxing things I've ever done in my life.

It's really hard to explain. After having contact with that dolphin, I was totally regenerated, not tired at all, absolutely no stress what so ever, completely serene to say the least. 

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Apr-27

I would too!

Showtalk
Host

Apr-27

It would be awesome.

WALTER784
Staff

Apr-27

If you ever have the chance... it's a must!

FWIW

ThomasSte

May-13

Never swam, but plans for a very long time. I really think that dolphins are indeed space creatures.

WALTER784
Staff

May-13

LOL... not sure I would call them space creatures, but they are warm blooded mammals. 

But my experience and contact with them was... well... it's really hard to put into words.

For one... I took my wife and two sons of mine to my parent's home for Chritmas in 2003 for a 10 day visit.

8 of those 10 days were scurring my family around to Disney World, Epcot Center, Polinesian Village, Kennedy Space Center, Univeral Studios, Daytona Speedway & beach, the Petty Driving Range (just outside of Disney World), and Sea World.

Each of those 8 days were me leaving early... driving 30 ~ 45 minutes one way, going through all the exhibits, rides, you name it fun we had... then driving them back home another 30 ~ 45 minutes. On each of those 8 days I was totally exhausted and just wanted to go to sleep early to wake up the next morning for the next tiring adventure.

Well, the 9th day (actually I think it was probably the 5th or 6th day), we went to Discovery Cove. We entered, had a beautiful... uncrowded day (they limit the number of people who can come in per day to give you that relaxed/non-crowded experience. And to top it off, we got to swim with the Dolphins which was extatic to say the least. At the time, I was just plesantly enjoying that day. But it didn't dawn on me until after we went to the parking lot and I got behind the wheel of the car. 

I wasn't exhausted like all of the other days. I was totally serene and completely relaxed to say the least. I didn't feel tired what so ever and enjoyed the trip home. Other days were... hurry up, get home go to sleep. But that night... I slept better than I have in probably 35 years or more!!!

It's hard to really explain.

FWIW