Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should birth control pills be sold over the counter?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started 2/12/18 by Cstar1; 4774 views.
In reply toRe: msg 4
me (DENNIS4927)

2/12/18

So if my 10 year old granddaughter goes in she should be able to buy them with no questions asked.  Here in NH you have to be over 18 to buy a bic lighter and you have to show you ID. No matter how old you are.If a teenager. Wants them or needs them then her parents or someone can get rhem. I guess I'm just old fashioned or just plain old. It appears Im all ways on the other side of the of the street in here

ANNMTM

2/12/18

That's a point, of course. I really think it's better to keep a doc involved. 

Cstar1
Host

2/13/18

If your 10 year old granddaughter is having sex, you've got more problems than can be answered with a pill.

But yes, she should be able to buy birth control pills. Getting pregnant at 10 is DANGEROUS, not to mention unconscionable on the part of the adults in her life.

BWArtist

2/14/18

grandpa to grandpa,

Puberty shows up earlier now. At least it did for me.

BWArtist

2/14/18

I've been noticing lately that at least in US, it's easier to find a nurse practitioner. And if we were to take the religious  issues out of it, logic would dictate that the most favorable medical situation would be the school nurse practitioner. School staff are usually the first to notice sexual interest and activity. But many parents would choose denial and sometimes even open hostility  towards the messager. Especially when the messager was also holding birth control pills.

me (DENNIS4927)

2/14/18

yes I have to admit I lost mine at 14 but that was back in the 60s.
Cstar1
Host

2/15/18

me (DENNIS4927) said:

yes I have to admit I lost mine at 14

Assuming it was with another 14 year old, doesn't she have both the right and the responsibility to prevent a pregnancy?

me (DENNIS4927)

2/16/18

She was 15 back then it was pretty much up to the guy to Bring protection. I don't know it's a catch 22  damn if you do and damn if you don't 

Cstar1
Host

2/16/18

me (DENNIS4927) said:

back then it was pretty much up to the guy to Bring protection.

Which you got over the counter, right?

Why should a woman be any less easily able to protect herself?

me (DENNIS4927)

2/16/18

Actually no got them out of a machine in the men's bathroom at the bowling ally.