Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What do you think about record unemployment rates in August for all racial group   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Sep-6 by Showtalk; 519 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Sep-6

What do you think about record unemployment rates in August for all racial groups?
  • It's great! About time.9  votes
    50%
  • It's not news. Unemployment rates have been dropping for a while6  votes
    33%
  • I don't believe it!1  vote
    5%
  • Other, please explain2  votes
    11%
It's great! About time. 
It's not news. Unemployment rates have been dropping for a while 
I don't believe it! 
Other, please explain 
BWArtist

Sep-11

And the farmer says "Make hay while the sun shines! For tomorrow there might not  be anymore we can rake".  Congratulations especially to those who have 3 jobs to keep up with what they need. But economists say to watch instead for the problems ,in the  bond market. 

Are we heading for a global recession? - BBC Newsnight

Financial markets have flashed a warning sign about the world economy. Subscribe to our channel here: https://goo.gl/31Q53F This week it became cheaper for t...

• Edited September 11, 2019 5:59 pm  by  BWArtist
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-11

If the feds keep changing the interest rates, the bottom could drop out.  How many people do you personally know with 3 jobs?  I know a lot of young adults who are doing amazingly well, all races and have only one very good job.  They never expected to find decent jobs and now they have them.  Admittedly it’s a small circle, but they say their friends are all working too.  They are in all kinds of fields.  One got hired into a very competitive nursing field (neo natal) where all jobs usually go to older, experienced adults.  Another got into finance with only minimal background.  Another in tech, a few in teaching.  All excellent jobs with good benefits.  A girl I knew growing up went into international banking, and has an incredible job.  Ten years ago those same kids would be working for minimum wage and living in a parent’s house.

WWW3
Staff

Sep-12

My youngest holds down three jobs - one full time and two part time.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-12

That is a lot.

Quitalicious

Sep-22

It looks like the actual unemployment numbers are much higher than what's reported. Jack Rasmus's recent blog posts (he's a professor of political economy at St. Mary's College in California) talk about how deeply inaccurate government reporting is on various indicators, including unemployment. 

BWArtist

Sep-23

We need to consider the actual buying power of currency earned. A lot of folks have a hard time keeping up. Most families can't afford a 400.00 emergency. We need to dissect that.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-23

What is a solution?  

BWArtist

Sep-24

This just showed up and is apropos..

Robert Reich: Trump's Economy Revealed

Former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich explains how the economy seems to be doing well under Trump, but a closer look reveals the true story. Watch More: The...

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-24

Thanks