Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What do you think about record unemployment rates in August for all racial group   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Sep-6 by Showtalk; 538 views.
In reply toRe: msg 4
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-12

That is a lot.

Quitalicious

Sep-22

It looks like the actual unemployment numbers are much higher than what's reported. Jack Rasmus's recent blog posts (he's a professor of political economy at St. Mary's College in California) talk about how deeply inaccurate government reporting is on various indicators, including unemployment. 

BWArtist

Sep-23

We need to consider the actual buying power of currency earned. A lot of folks have a hard time keeping up. Most families can't afford a 400.00 emergency. We need to dissect that.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-23

What is a solution?  

BWArtist

Sep-24

This just showed up and is apropos..

Robert Reich: Trump's Economy Revealed

Former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich explains how the economy seems to be doing well under Trump, but a closer look reveals the true story. Watch More: The...

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-24

Thanks

kizmet1

Dec-8

I know this is an old topic but I am adding my 2 cents.
In 1979 I had 2 jobs and wanted to buy a modest house but I could not. Mortgage rates in my state were close to 20%. That is why Carter lost.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-9

It’s still impossible to buy a first house in many areas.  I don’t remember 20% but I wasn’t buying a house then.

kizmet1

Dec-9

It was horrible. I was moonlighting in RE and I was the only one to make a sale in the whole office. No way would I give up my day job.
BWArtist

Dec-10

Addressing most recent job numbers...

Nearly Half Of Working Americans Are Employed At Low Wage Jobs

Donald Trump loves to brag about the low unemployment rate and how many jobs he has created, but a new study shows that nearly half of all working Americans ...