Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What do you think about record unemployment rates in August for all racial group   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Sep-6 by Showtalk; 456 views.
BWArtist

Sep-24

This just showed up and is apropos..

Robert Reich: Trump's Economy Revealed

Former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich explains how the economy seems to be doing well under Trump, but a closer look reveals the true story. Watch More: The...

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-24

Thanks

kizmet1

Dec-8

I know this is an old topic but I am adding my 2 cents.
In 1979 I had 2 jobs and wanted to buy a modest house but I could not. Mortgage rates in my state were close to 20%. That is why Carter lost.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-9

It’s still impossible to buy a first house in many areas.  I don’t remember 20% but I wasn’t buying a house then.

kizmet1

Dec-9

It was horrible. I was moonlighting in RE and I was the only one to make a sale in the whole office. No way would I give up my day job.
BWArtist

Dec-10

Addressing most recent job numbers...

Nearly Half Of Working Americans Are Employed At Low Wage Jobs

Donald Trump loves to brag about the low unemployment rate and how many jobs he has created, but a new study shows that nearly half of all working Americans ...

Showtalk
Staff

Dec-10

It’s funny how they can’t ever find anything good in positive news. Jobs are jobs for people who did not have them before.  There are also good and very good jobs that didn’t exist at all.  Compared to the previous administration where we kept losing jobs, this isn’t so bad.  We should give him credit for what he does well and blast for what he doesn’t.  That would still get the word out about things as they are without sounding like sour grapes.

Showtalk
Staff

Dec-10

Part of the reason some employment numbers have stalled is  due to lack of qualified available workers.  I hate to say it but these numbers do not look bad.  Unemployment is still at record lows.

BWArtist

Dec-10

Reality goes way beyond politics. I'm a business owner in agriculture. Trump is creating market conditions that are ripe for exploitation of what's left of small family farmers. The large corporate managed land grabs of small family farms that are going bankrupt is all around. If your more diversified ,you might have a better chance of survival. 

These fellow farmers are being polite about the situation...

Farmers on China Tariffs: 'This Isn't Just a Chess Match' | WSJ

The trade war with China is putting a strain on the U.S. agriculture industry. WSJ's Jason Bellini sat down with a group of farmers from the corn, beef, soyb...

No matter how much sunshine you blow up my blouse, I know better and your RW talking points are falling flat. Geez I didn't even get into my  own problem of actually finding reliable help.

Sour grapes I don't grow.