Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Was Trump wise to fire John Bolton?   The Serious You: Politics

Started Sep-10 by Showtalk; 1421 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-7

They all go on to very cushy jobs after they leave an administration.  A friend’s son worked directly for Obama’s election team. After he left office, the son got a very nice job in private industry which he had no qualifications for, other than campaign work. Literally.  He’s a young man with a huge future due to politics.  I can’t say the name of the business, but it’s one everyone is familiar with.

kizmet1

Dec-7

I am sure it works out very well for most. I grew up thinking volunteers for campaigns were truly volunteers. Boy, I sure learned a lot later on.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-7

People who sit in local offices are just volunteers. I did it a few times and was never offered a job. This person was a paid strategist with no prior experience other than a college degree.

kizmet1

Dec-7

Volunteering looks good on a resume'. A relative did it for a commissioner. He got a nice job out of it later on. Of course, he had an excellent package, starting with Eagle Scout, private boys school and a job in news. He did very well financially in his life but had 4 wives.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-7

4 wives could be a deal breaker.

kizmet1

Dec-7

As far as I know, 4 has been a lucky number for him. His dad had 6.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-7

When numbers get that high, they should not remarry.  They obviously are doing something wrong.

kizmet1

Dec-7

His dad was brilliant, charming, good looking, rich. Had it all and had 6. Must have rubbed off on him?
I think his dad set a bad example that a good mom and her good 2nd dh could not change.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-7

He was too much like his father, although maybe he was happy switching wives.

kizmet1

Dec-7

His mom died when he was 13. He was 6 of 7. Maybe it did something to him? His looks and brains in hs and college may have done something to him and he found compensation in being popular? I don't know. Never met him. He was on wife 3 or 4 when I was born.