Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are Impossible Burgers bad for us?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Nov-26 by Showtalk; 2796 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-2

It sounds horrible but a vegan friend loves them. Funny thing, she sells a nutrition program.

kizmet1

Dec-2

I have read a lot of cookbooks from around the world. I have also had a lot of treatments using herbs and acupuncture to get rid of what American prescrtiption drugs have done to me. I ended up being healthier with much less money being spent. It made me realize we really have created lousy eating habits and drugs with very unpleasant side effects at a very great expense if we have insurance. This is my experience with drugs, diet and doctors. Hope many others have turned out better.
  • Edited December 2, 2019 8:35 pm  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-3

Doctors don’t get enough training in nutrition or long term effects of medications.  I’m glad you are better.

kizmet1

Dec-3

Thanks. I have seen some pretty rotund doctors.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-3

I have too. I trust skinny doctors more, but the thinnest is my dentist who will not eat anything with sugar in it.

kizmet1

Dec-4

I remember a boy I used to know. He was the son of an AF dentist and lived in Germany. I jokingly asked him how many fillings he had and he said none. He ended up letting everyone in our group see all his perfect white molars. I have often wondered if he ever got even one filling.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-4

That has to be due to more than diet, doesn’t it?

kizmet1

Dec-4

Probably but my childhood dentists were a father and son who never mentioned diet. Father lived into his 90's and was long and lean as he marched in a local parade every year. Son died in his 60's.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-4

The son didn’t get his dad’s genes.

kizmet1

Dec-4

Possibly. Also, dad struggled to go to school and start a practice. Son had no strugles. Born with a silver dpoon in his mouth and a job at graduation.