Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What do you think of Meghan and Harry Brexiting the Royal Family?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started 1/8/20 by Showtalk; 3403 views.
Showtalk
Staff

1/11/20

Harry has lost everything for her. I hope it was worth it.  I’m trying to figure out why she married him.  She gave up the titles and the money.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Kid (Kidmagnet)

1/11/20

WWW3 said:

It's totally their choice. I have absolutely no say - or interest - in the matter. I wish them well.

DITTO!

Kid (Kidmagnet)

1/11/20

How did they announce it? Honestly I saw memes featuring Meghan as Yoko and others with Harry and Meghan announcing their new jobs at Walmart at a fast food place... So I was curious.

Did they Tweet it and then the Queen angrily Tweeted a hastily typed reply from her seat on the royal throne? lol

kizmet1

1/11/20

Harry is 6th in line to the throne. He is not needed to meet as and greet very much.
Song~ (_Song_)

1/15/20

Agreed, due to her age they should have had much more consideration for her.
Song~ (_Song_)

1/15/20

On Instagram something like 10 minutes before they told the Queen.

Aren't you thrilled that you might be getting them for new neighbors??? ;-)

Kid (Kidmagnet)

1/15/20

what I meant was - how do we know the Queen did not know? Did she tweet back What? #newstome

I'm sorry lol I refuse to get pulled into a media driven family kerfuffle. And I find it funny that a world that mocks the royals is now upset that someone is saying - hey, we want to do our own thing, may we wean off the royal teet?

Song~ (_Song_)

1/15/20

It was reported that she wasn't informed until 10 minutes prior to H&M posting it on Insta-idiot. Whether she know before that or not I can't say for positive.

If they want to make it own their own then that is what they should do. Give up the titles, and the rest of the perks of being 'royal', stop taking an allowance from Charles instead of only giving up the scant 5% from the Grant, pay for their own security etc. If they want to do it their way and make their own money then do so, don't pretend to do so.

*chuckles* If it were me, I'd rather not have them...or any celeb as a neighbor. Would most probably ruin my peace and quiet!

Showtalk
Staff

1/15/20

Although, the Queen wasn’t very welcoming or tolerant of Diana and Harry may blame her for his mother’s divorce and death.  

Showtalk
Staff

1/15/20

I agree, but a lot of people are supportive of their decision, or just don’t care.  The media is a lot more worked up about this than most people in the U.S. are.  I guess Meghan is “ours.”