Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is corporal punishment still allowed in schools?   The Serious You: Politics

Started Jan-25 by Showtalk; 441 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-27

Time outs get good results. Often a child who is acting out wants attention.  When you remove all attention, being bad doesn’t seem as much fun.

kizmet1

Jan-27

Right, lol.
Sometimes adding a chore is brutal.
ANNMTM

Jan-27

I knew it was still allowed somewhere, but I had no idea it was almost half the country!

In reply toRe: msg 8
Showtalk
Staff

Jan-27

Yes, 22 states, but if teachers refuse to use it, it won’t happen.

ANNMTM

Jan-27

One can only hope most are enlightened enough not to.

Showtalk
Staff

Jan-27

I don’t think it would look to good in a YouTube video.  Everyone has a cell phone now.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Jan-28

Until recently, there were very few FEDERAL crimes, the do-gooders have tried to make the GUMMIT the conscience of the World. 

Crimes that are NOT Federal Crimes:  Murder, theft, rape, and many more, some are Federalized under special circumstances such as Interstate Flight to avoid prosecution or transport of certain goods, including minors or women but corporal punishment is not even CLOSE to being a Federal issue.

ANNMTM

Jan-28

GUMMIT? I looked it up, but still don't know what you mean.

Showtalk
Staff

Jan-28

Government.

Showtalk
Staff

Jan-28

I don’t know. I watch the FBI on CBS and it seems like every type of crime ends up on that show.