Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do the early primaries influence your...   The Serious You: Politics

Started Feb-3 by Song~ (_Song_); 662 views.
Song~ (_Song_)

Poll Question From Song~ (_Song_)

Feb-3

Do the early primaries influence your vote?
  • A lot0  votes
    0%
  • Somewhat1  vote
    5%
  • Very little0  votes
    0%
  • Maybe?0  votes
    0%
  • Not really3  votes
    16%
  • Not at all12  votes
    66%
  • I don't vote in the primaries2  votes
    11%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
A lot 
Somewhat 
Very little 
Maybe? 
Not really 
Not at all 
I don't vote in the primaries 
Other 
kizmet1

Feb-3

I have been voting long enough to have seen that all states can have a lot of ups and downs. Now, during the POTUS voting the news media keeps quiet until AK and HI are closed, thank goodness.
Showtalk
Staff

Feb-4

She’s not talking about the actual national vote day but states holding primaries on different days, even months.

kizmet1

Feb-4

OK. Somehow I missed that point.
Showtalk
Staff

Feb-4

It’s fine. The primary process is confusing.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Feb-17

When did that happen?  When did the media ever have a muzzle on election coverage?  Here in Florida, it is hard enough to get the panhandle voting arranged to be at the same hours as the rest of the state (it has not been done) but to quiet the media without a major National Guard presence at every polling or county voting office is an impossibility.

kizmet1

Feb-17

The West coast doesn't get a hint of the results in the East until 8PM PST. I remember it being changed because many would see the results and feel.what's the use and not vote.
Showtalk
Staff

Feb-17

It is even worse for west coast states that are 3 hours behind, or Alaska and Hawaii which are even further behind. Voters in those states have some responsibility to show up anyway and vote, even if it’s just for local races.  Also, the media has been wrong before.  They were still saying Trump lost when he was clearly not losing.  It helps in states that have heavy vote by mail or early voting options. 

kizmet1

Feb-17

It does my heart good when the media tries to predict and then errors. Sometimes machines are not that smart.
Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Feb-17

Look at the Democrat machine, large and wildly comical.