Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are You Finding Empty Shelves Due to Pandemic Preparations?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Mar-9 by BWArtist; 5609 views.
MerlinsDad

Mar-14

Haven't been to the grocery in since Monday.   Plan to go tomorrow early.  We shall see.

I find toilet paper is out of stock even at Amazon.com and Walmart.  Food items, no problem.  Walgreens here was out of tissues, toilet  paper, sanitizer. But plenty of snacks and beer!

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Mar-14

Most of us do live with water on call, not in a desert shanty or under a tree.

BuddhaDaddy

Mar-14

Couldn’t agree more with this! Take an old sheet and break it down or washcloth, not the most ideal scenario but problem solved! Also, did people get their water to their house shut off?!? Lol! Again, relax people, and save some for your fellow humans!

Final thought, if it really came down to the end times, and let’s say you’re able to store a year or two, heck even 10 years of items, good luck fighting off those in need of the items! You’re in for a living hell of an existence! Lol! 

So just relax a bit, take a moment to just breathe, and when this does pass, and it will, enjoy your hard earned stash of toilet paper now clogging your closets! Lol!

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-14

Well, as long as we can get cookies, we will be alright. Except I’ve given up desserts.

True, as long as I have my Oreos, I'm happy!  And anything with chocolate!

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-14

The water craze doesn’t make sense.

MerlinsDad

Mar-14

I went to the grocery this morning for what I considered a "normal" shop.  I was surprised at how empty the store was.  In the metro Atlanta area, we have a "snow scare" every two or three years.  The weatherman on tv will announce that there is a probability of snow.  Everyone rushes to the grocery to get milk, bread, eggs, cokes, potato chips and a few other essential items needed for staying home for a couple of days or in case of a power failure.  What I saw today exceeded by several times the worse snow scare I've seen.  I was fortunate, the eggs were being put out as I was walking back to the dairy section.  Milk and half and half arrived while I was in the store.    The produce trunk arrived earlier, so they were putting out the apples and tomatoes.  I guess the logic is a little different.  On a snow scare, people are buying for the next couple of days; now they are stocking up for the next two weeks.  The whole paper aisle was wiped out.  The cleaning aisle was wiped out (they had some Lysol with bleach on an end cap.  That was fine); the water aisle was wiped out.  The bacon section was gone, as was the lunch meat section, and most of the fresh meat section.  What an experience. 

BWArtist

Mar-14

Open your narrow view. Most everyone has water  plumbed into the house.  It's just in the semi arid  and arid parts of the country, you have to determine what your willing to spend the high cost of water on. 

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-14

I can get to a smaller market I use a lot because they have good prices and are never crowded.  I’m glad I didn’t go last night when everyone else was panicking. Their freezer case was empty.  I’m waiting until next week and will go early in the morning right after they restock.

A friend posted the nicest offer. She said, I’m not elderly, I’m out a lot for work (she is a realtor) and I have free time now. If you can’t get out and you need anything, call me. I will pick up prescriptions and shop for you. Then she gave out her phone number.