Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are You Finding Empty Shelves Due to Pandemic Preparations?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Mar-9 by BWArtist; 5640 views.

True, as long as I have my Oreos, I'm happy!  And anything with chocolate!

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-14

The water craze doesn’t make sense.

MerlinsDad

Mar-14

I went to the grocery this morning for what I considered a "normal" shop.  I was surprised at how empty the store was.  In the metro Atlanta area, we have a "snow scare" every two or three years.  The weatherman on tv will announce that there is a probability of snow.  Everyone rushes to the grocery to get milk, bread, eggs, cokes, potato chips and a few other essential items needed for staying home for a couple of days or in case of a power failure.  What I saw today exceeded by several times the worse snow scare I've seen.  I was fortunate, the eggs were being put out as I was walking back to the dairy section.  Milk and half and half arrived while I was in the store.    The produce trunk arrived earlier, so they were putting out the apples and tomatoes.  I guess the logic is a little different.  On a snow scare, people are buying for the next couple of days; now they are stocking up for the next two weeks.  The whole paper aisle was wiped out.  The cleaning aisle was wiped out (they had some Lysol with bleach on an end cap.  That was fine); the water aisle was wiped out.  The bacon section was gone, as was the lunch meat section, and most of the fresh meat section.  What an experience. 

BWArtist

Mar-14

Open your narrow view. Most everyone has water  plumbed into the house.  It's just in the semi arid  and arid parts of the country, you have to determine what your willing to spend the high cost of water on. 

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-14

I can get to a smaller market I use a lot because they have good prices and are never crowded.  I’m glad I didn’t go last night when everyone else was panicking. Their freezer case was empty.  I’m waiting until next week and will go early in the morning right after they restock.

A friend posted the nicest offer. She said, I’m not elderly, I’m out a lot for work (she is a realtor) and I have free time now. If you can’t get out and you need anything, call me. I will pick up prescriptions and shop for you. Then she gave out her phone number.

BWArtist

Mar-14

It's interesting times for sure. We all need to work together and help each other out . Without getting to close to each other while we're doing it. 

I talked  to a fella that was getting pretty worked up about the situation. He was concerned about how the local ammo supply was being depleted and he felt he didn't have enough stocked up. I then asked him since the high risk groups are mainly the health compromised and  the elderly, who was he worried he would have to shoot. Didn't have much to say after that.

I would have probably then asked if he had enough toilet paper but he was wound up a little too tight. And armed to boot.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-14

A fight broke out in an Australian market over toilet paper and one person pulled a knife on another.  People can get violent if they feel desperate.  Maybe he’s worried someone will try to steal his toilet paper.  I was able to get a little extra in the market, and I told a few neighbors to call me if they run out.  They are in the 85-90 age range and can’t always get out quickly if they need something.  But I did not make a general offer to everyone I know.

BWArtist

Mar-14

Sounds like worrying about toilet paper is not confined to our own borders. The only way to get through this is to wait until the virus peaks and then goes down. From what I'm seeing, from other countries experience, is  to freely have available testing kits. Accurate tracking is the best way to calm people down.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-14

People are also panicking about missing work.  I had to pick up supplies at the vet’s office and the receptionist said she can’t afford to stay home.  No one is bringing animals in unless it’s an emergency so they have have to cut hours.  Here is wants to show up for work and there is no work.

Then there is this. He could face legal prosecution

He Has 17,700 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer and Nowhere to Sell Them

Amazon cracked down on coronavirus price gouging. Now, while the rest of the world searches, some sellers are holding stockpiles of sanitizer and masks.

kizmet1

Mar-14

Ever drink tap water in certain parts of AZ? One can make chicken soup using it without needing salt.