Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should OOS Private Militias be allowe...   The Serious You: Politics

Started May-13 by Jeri (azpaints); 237 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

Poll Question From Jeri (azpaints)

May-13

Should OOS Private Militias be allowed to protest Local State Issues? See post 2
  • Yes always2  votes
    25%
  • No, never5  votes
    62%
  • Depends on the issues1  vote
    12%
Yes always 
No, never 
Depends on the issues 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Jeri (azpaints)

May-13

I don't believe Out of State armed militias should be allowed to protest (or act as bodyguards for protesters) for local state issues.  National issues, maybe.  But if the protesters are protesting against local elected officials, doesn't the presence of out of staters, particularly armed ones, present a false level of state support or objections to a issue?

https://apple.news/Af9wrwZBISzODNt6K48WEXg

Showtalk
Staff

May-13

I don’t even understand this. Are the gun toting militias liberals or conservatives? Guns for hire? Mercenaries?

Jeri (azpaints)

May-13

They are mostly anti-government who call themselves constitutionalists.  Seldom liberals.  But what does that matter?   My question is should armed people be allowed to protest a state issue if they do not live in that state?

Showtalk
Staff

May-13

That is what I’m asking. Are the protestors armed or the people stopping them?  

Jeri (azpaints)

May-13

The protestors.  And law enforcement are armed if required to stop the armed protestors.

Showtalk
Staff

May-13

Well that is just crazy.  They should stay home.

Alfi (THIALFI)

May-16

The Constitution places no restrictions on WHERE people can assemble.

MerlinsDad

May-21

Good comments,