Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you Comfortable with Trump taking Malaria Drug?   The Serious You: Politics

Started May-18 by BWArtist; 4521 views.
In reply toRe: msg 113
Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-16

Good development:  Low-Cost Drug Improves Chances Of COVID-19 Survival, Study Shows

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dexamethasone-improves-covid-19-survival_n_5ee8d174c5b6add763186a96

Whoot.  I didn't get booted, Showtalk!

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-16

Yay!  I’m more concerned about your booting problem than the medication at this point, LOL.  

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-16

Um, booted to sign in page just now when I tried to reply. I have no idea at this point.  It was great earlier.

kizmet1

Jun-16

I recently read something like that about the Columbia River by a place called "Bridge of the Gods. A lake broke through and became a river.

I'll have to research that too.

There's several places in North America where melting glaciers unleashed a gigantic sudden flow at the end of the Ice Age.

Oh, check this out, speaking of Ice Age:

https://xkcd.com/1732/

It's a "35 foot long picture"

kizmet1

Jun-16

Columbia River is one of them.
I used to go rafting near an ice cave the size of a garage. Only once was it thawed out on a hot summer day.
Risa (Risa25)

Jun-22

Obama quit smoking before he left office.  Morbidly obese means weighing more than 100 lbs over your proper weight.  A six foot tall man should weigh around 180 lbs so if Mr Trump is more than 280 lbs then he is technically morbidly obese. The morbidity refers to his chances of dying from a stroke or heart attack because of the excess weight.  Taking the anti malaria drug was dangerous because it affects the heart rhythm.  Biology doesn't care what office you hold.

Risa (Risa25) said:

Biology doesn't care what office you hold.

How true.

Speaking of that, here's something I stumbled on that really shines a spotlight on the irresponsibility of those who run around un-masked in public when it is suspected that 80% of Covid-19 cases are asymptomatic or with mild symptoms but still highly contagious.

https://news.yahoo.com/view-mask-refusers-drink-drivers-leading-scientist-084912790.html

People who refuse to wear face masks during the coronavirus pandemic should be stigmatised the same as drink drivers, the head of the prestigious Royal Society science journal said Tuesday. The comments from Venki Ramakrishnan come as two new peer-reviewed studies showed how wearing face coverings may help significantly reduce the spread of viruses such as COVID-19. "It used to be quite normal to have quite a few drinks and drive home, and it also used to be normal to drive without seatbelts," Ramakrishnan wrote in a comment article.

... Ramakrishnan stressed how masks are only genuinely effective if worn by most people. ... Estimates vary, but it is thought around 40-60 percent of transmissions occur when carriers are pre- or asymptomatic -- that is, they may not know they are ill but are still able to infect others. ... In pre-symptomatic individuals, studies have shown that viral droplets are emitted not only by sneezing and coughing, but also by talking and breathing, meaning mass face coverings would significantly reduce the risk of new infections. ...

(much more in the article)

In reply toRe: msg 114
Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-9

Trump's Claim That Hydroxychloroquine 'Doesn't Kill People' Looks Worse And Worse

It can kill people...PLEASE follow the medical experts, not the political pundits.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-hydroxychloroquine_n_5f05e641c5b6480493ca16bd

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-9

That article doesn’t provide proof they died from the drug. Instead, they died from the disease.  The girl who ad an immune defied health died after doctors refused to give her any more not because she got an initial dose.