Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Park confrontation    The Newsy You: News of Today

Started May-26 by Showtalk; 2387 views.
Alfi (THIALFI)

May-30

Not all rioters are from the area in which they're rioting.

Showtalk
Staff

May-30

Yes, I wondered about that, and no one is doing a survey.  

Jeri (azpaints)

May-30

This goes back to my question about out of state armed protestors.  There are two groups here in Arizona that travel the country to participate in protests.  Especially protests based on race questions.  Their intent is to agitate the crowds to create major conflict with law enforcement.

I've been reading that a lot of the rioters are actually agitators that were shipped in from elsewhere. One of my more paranoid conspiracy theorist friends claims that it was white supremacists that are infiltrating as agents provocateur to pout more gasoline on the flames.

However I was listening to one radio program I captured last night, while testing the rebuilt radio and video capture computer after a failed hard drive was replaced, who made a pretty compelling case that the agents provocateur seem to have ties to George Soros. But he also tempered that with other clues that suggest possibly several factions are infiltrating protestors to make more violent confrontations in the hopes of driving a deeper wedge between various political factions, as further polarization and dissent seems to be what those kind of people profit from.

He made the point that more polarization meant move violence, more people facing criminal charges, more people losing their livelihood, and more people who are thus in need of public assistance, so the whole cycle of keeping a permanent underclass remains sustained for the benefit of a few ruling elites. By undermining trust in government institutions and making that distrust widespread, it helps break down long standing structure and rule of law to trick the people into effectively jumping from the frying pan and into the fire.

Jeri (azpaints) said:

Arrest records from Minneapolis... https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/05/30/outsiders-extremists-are-among-those-fomenting-violence-in-twin-cities?fbclid=IwAR1_4egqqp1Rj_tJAhq9srkpU_A90CuQw2EQ8yGqpi0JziyM9cUxzwAMbvU

Yep, it kind of confirms more than one bunch that has come in to escalate things for their own agenda.

and this paragraph speaks volumes about agents provocateur and a climate where such things can happen with impunity:

... Turner Bargen, who saw a truck with a Three Percenters symbol on it, said he was afraid to confront the person, and afraid to call the police because he didn’t want an innocent person to get hurt by a police department that he no longer trusts. ...

Ross said he thinks far-right extremist groups like Three Percenters and Boogaloo Bois are causing violence in the Twin Cities, as are some protesters angry about generations of institutional racism.  ... “It’s a complex ecosystem of a movement and you are seeing different groups contending to shift the balance in different directions,” Ross said. “There is an element of provocation emerging. And I think that probably comes from within as well as from without.”  ...

Showtalk
Staff

May-31

What is their purpose?

Showtalk
Staff

May-31

If it’s true, it sounds sinister.

Showtalk
Staff

May-31

It could be a combination of local frustration and outside agitation.  Combined with being locked inside for months, people are itching to get out.  Although, none of these protestors or rioters are distancing. Wearing a mask is not distancing. So why aren’t any of them worried about COVID?

Showtalk said:

It could be a combination of local frustration and outside agitation. Combined with being locked inside for months, people are itching to get out. Although, none of these protestors or rioters are distancing. Wearing a mask is not distancing. So why aren’t any of them worried about COVID?

Those too. All of those ingredients put a lot of people near the flashpoint, and all that is needed is a triggering event to set it off, and then it just feeds on itself.

A few people see this as cover to "go have fun" which means to just break things and watch the pretty flames, and let their inner sociopath off its leash to run amok. Those are the kind who will burn and smash and destroy stuff just for the lulz of taking out whatever anger they have on other people's property.

And then there's those who see it as a chance to finally "get back at the man" and take what they believe should have been theirs except for their failing to win life's lottery.

And all combined, much like when a wildfire gets well established, it "makes its own weather". Witness "fire tornadoes" as a meteorology or chemistry / physics analogy to how a riot erupts.

Then social media makes it possible for riot mob mentality to spread to places, much like wind blown embers, far beyond where it could have in the pre-telecommunication days. So a situation that maybe in 1830 would have burned itself out in a single night, and we wouldn't even know about it for maybe 3 more months, can spread globally in a matter of hours.