Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Park confrontation    The Newsy You: News of Today

Started 5/26/20 by Showtalk; 2691 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Jun-1

Showtalk said:

There won’t be deliveries to those hot zones as long as there is danger.

Yeah. I'd be worried even risking a drone to deliver something there. Rule #1 of war zones like that - stay out of them.

I could also see even the trucking companies - the truckers' bosses, finally going, "our insurance probably won't pay for an 18 wheeler if the mob surrounds and torches it, and the cost of defending a driver who has to run people over to escape is also too much risk, so we're not delivering anything in there for the duration."

And I can see utility companies going "we aren't going to put our personnel's lives in danger, and we can't risk losing our trucks to arson. Power goes out? Too bad." And same for water, sewer, internet.

Then of course - oh, wonder how many cases of Covid-19 will erupt among the protestors in a couple of weeks. Probably a huge number.

I heard that Chicago shut down the bus and rail lines with less than 45 minutes notice, trapping medical personnel where they can't get to work or others get home. I wonder how many patients are going to die because of the curfews.

Showtalk said:

I wonder how many mayors will escape blame for their bad decisions.

Most of them will blame it on anyone but themselves. That's typical sociopathic behavior: it's always someone else's fault.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-1

I didn’t think about deaths due to being locked in by a curfew.  If ambulances can’t get in to get people to hospitals, there will be peripheral casualties.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-1

Isn’t it a mayor’s fault if they don’t call in for help soon enough?

kizmet1

Jun-1

Re: covid-19. I found it amusing that all the marchers and rioters here managed to keep their masks on throughout the rioting. It was truly a mixed race event.
kizmet1

Jun-1

Portland' mayor was on his way to say goodbye to his dying mother but returned.
Showtalk
Staff

Jun-1

They have to wear masks to avoid being identified. It provides cover for looting and destroying.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-1

That is sad.  He didn’t get to see her?

kizmet1

Jun-1

Works well for them. There was one guy arrested who had the worst tattoo over most of his face.