Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Park confrontation    The Newsy You: News of Today

Started May-26 by Showtalk; 2331 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

May-26

Remember the "entitled white woman". That can apply to any age.  People generally don't like being told what to do even by authority figures.  Add in general frustration, a racial component and a broken law, all bets are off.

Showtalk
Staff

May-27

Maybe she is a Karen in training. Maybe her dog was loose elsewhere and ran to the bird area.  Maybe she has been a past victim of violence and took self defense training.  Maybe he threatened her outside of the video.  Or maybe it is just as it appears and she is exactly what she appears to be.

Jeri (azpaints)

May-27

I bet on this:   "Or maybe it is just as it appears and she is exactly what she appears to be."

Showtalk
Staff

May-27

I do too and I did when I posted it, but I thought that would be a very dull discussion.  I guess no one else but has has an opinion on it.  

Jeri (azpaints)

May-27

Maybe too early in their days...

Showtalk
Staff

May-27

Yes maybe.

Showtalk said:

by the time he started filming the man was calm and polite, but she said he had been shouting at her. It’s possible he was shouting at her and when she reacted, he calmed down to film.

Sounds like she was going full Karen mode, as the claims of shouting, claims of assault, and other things like that are typical of their modus operandi, their go-to nuclear weapon to haul out of the golf bag of tricks much like one would reach for the sand wedge when the ball ends up in the sand, or the putter if the ball is on the green.

When a Karen doesn't get her way, especially if she's in the wrong and is called out on it, she usually goes nuclear because it has worked in the past. Typical entitled person behavior.

Jeri (azpaints) said:

Wow...just saw the entire video...she was the aggressor and totally in the wrong. Got fired today.

Good  thing then, because it took another unhinged Karen going ballistic out of action. The public now has one less stressor to worry about.

Showtalk said:

I was approached by a sketchy man in a somewhat empty parking lot who tried to get me to roll down the window, but he was acting irrationally.

We get a lot of those kind of situations out here during the oil boom, and just yesterday I saw some homeless looking dude gesticulating wildly while apparently shouting at the air. At first I was thinking some kind of medical issue the way his arms and hands and head bobbing back and forth like how a bird walks, seemed kind of spastic.

Then the next thought was "schizophrenic off his meds" and veered a lane over just in case he decided to wander into traffic or something.

These days because of the number of and aggressiveness of panhandlers on the street, I have been known to skip shopping or gas stops and keep flowing with traffic if I see one of them accosting people at the gas pump or something.

Mostly because there's no telling what they might be high on, or what withdrawal symptoms they might be going through at that moment.

Showtalk said:

Each time, I backed out so they could leave. Finally, I decided I would be there all day so I started to enter the aisle again and a man pushed in front of me, so I let him pass and then followed him. Then he turned around and came toward me. I asked him to please maintain 6’ between us and stop walking toward me. He went ballistic and started calling me names and told me to get out of his way.

Wonder what he'd have done if you'd have coughed or sneezed at him in reply to his saying to get out of his way.