Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-2

You're taking two different positions on the same behavior.  Trump giving notice he is thinking about doing it is his duty, but Cuomo giving notice he is thinking about doing it is political infighting.  Cuomo has a duty to protect the citizens of NY City as strong as a president's duty to protect all citizens.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-2

No, it makes perfect sense to me. Two Democrats should conceivably be willing to work together for the same goals because their beliefs are the same or similar.  Trumps is different because he likes to get things done.  It may not be true but from what I’m seeing, governors in blue states, which is sadly where most of the serious destruction is, appear to be giving destroyers a pass.  

MerlinsDad

Jun-2

It's questionable whether or not these protests constitute domestic terrorism.  On what basis is he obligated to act

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-2

Destruction of property and beating people, shooting, it’s all a form of terrorism.

MerlinsDad

Jun-2

We know he'sa bully and tends to totalitarianism.  I'm not sure which is taking precedence here, maybe the bully.  Envisions himself as a dictator.

We might also point out that he's trying to appear strong (whatever that means) and decisive so we will forget the miserable job he did with the coronavirus.  I personally think sending in the military when it's not requested by the governors is authoritarianism,.  In my opinion, he's could (not that he hasn't already done so) make a very bad situation worse.

If he were indeed a leader and not a bully, he'd call black leaders into the White House and ask how he can help them calm the situation. 

MerlinsDad

Jun-2

But is it intended as terrorism or just anger out of control?  It does not surprise me that finally something has set the spark off which releases all the pent up anger.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-2

It doesn’t help when Biden and Pelosi lie to work people up.  This is a complete lie and it’s despicable.

Democratic leaders condemn Trump for crackdown on protesters near White House

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said Mr. Trump's "fanning of the flames of discord, bigotry and violence is cowardly, weak and dangerous."

In reply toRe: msg 20
Showtalk
Staff

Jun-2

No tear gas was used.

U.S. Park Police Chief says no tear gas was used on Washington D.C. protesters before Trump's church visit

"No tear gas was used by USSP officers or other assisting law enforcement partners to close the area at Lafayette Park," said Acting Chief Gregory T. Monahan in a Monday statement.

MerlinsDad

Jun-2

Sounds to me as if you are overdoing it.  Please take care of yourself.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-2

The pictures from DC right now are horrid.  Military helicopters flying so low the trees are getting their branches BROKEN off.