Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

MerlinsDad

Jul-17

I picked that up yesterday.  As I read it, HHS and CDC both will post the numbers

The US Department of Health and Human Services changed course on Thursday on a controversial decision about hospital data, directing the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to re-post public hospital information onto its website.  https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/16/health/hhs-cdc-coronavirus-data-website/index.html?utm_term=1594944036419f93b9ec88d84&utm_source=What+Matters+for+July+16%2C+2020&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=226555_1594944036421&bt_ee=LGrwcqshpuk429QZXcnhgdnd1kAN%2Fbtq35CRF35bwRzW6LcbnMslSRmhijHig2Yi&bt_ts=1594944036421

Speaking of the CDC, I just spotted this news item.

The White House is blocking US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Robert Redfield and other officials from the agency from testifying before a House Education and Labor Committee hearing on reopening schools next week, just as the debate over sending children back to classrooms has flared up across the US.  https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/politics/white-house-cdc-house-testimony-schools/index.html

I guess the reason is that the White House is still insisting students return to schools.  I dunno.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-17

The news (several papers) is reporting that an investigation is ongoing on the incorrect reporting in Florida.    There is no determination that can be made now until the investigation is completed.  Anything now is supposition or rank speculation until the study is completed.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-17

I think DT is both a control freak and a conspiracy theorist.  He hoards data thinking that will protect him without realizing there are too many layers of reporting to keep it secret.  

MerlinsDad

Jul-17

Thanks for posting that passage.  Helps provide perspective.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-17

Or doctoring the number intentionally. We will never know because it’s not a news story.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-17

You are aware that children were most at risk from serious or death from H1N1, where COVID barely seems to affect most of them and they are not paying it to adults.  The real truth is that people are not blaming Trump for anything unless they are already looking for reasons to blame him.  I’ve asked a random bunch of people if they blame him and they all said no or that they aren’t blaming any single person. 

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-17

Flu vaccines are not designed to prevent outbreak. They affect symptoms and severity. Some people with flu vaccines won’t get it but it’s not like a measles vaccine that makes people completely immune.

MerlinsDad

Jul-17

He is obviously a control freak.  His desire to control information is more that of an authoritarian ruler than just your run of the mill control freak.  I think his desire to control information is also the basis for his 20,000 lies and his perpetual distortions.  Lying is a form of controlling information.  

Remember the saying "knowledge is power,"  He wants to be the only one who can fit the pieces of knowledge together,   That desire for power is also reflected in his efforts to distract us from the ravages of the virus.  The deaths don't seem to disturb him.  He is in effect arrogating to himself the power of life and death and he doesn't want us to focus on that.  He has no interest whatsoever in the political system we have, preferring to be authoritarian and controlling.  That's what scares me the most. 

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-17

It actually is a news story. When I googled it, three news sites popped up.  Your news might not cover until there is more news.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-17

What did they say about it?