Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome to Arizona   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Jun-6 by Jeri (azpaints); 11883 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-6

I doubt it.  We wouldn't be that lucky to have UV light kill it off.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-6

Yes to three sports complexes.  Two of which are major arenas...Super Bowl  70,000 plus seating.

kizmet1

Jun-6

I hope you don't have a mob scene if you get the convention.

It might shorten the time they survive. But no one apparently has built up a virus half-live vs UV intensity vs UV wavelength 3D chart yet.

https://sites.nationalacademies.org/BasedOnScience/covid-19-does-ultraviolet-light-kill-the-coronavirus/index.htm

UV-C definitely kills it, but the air is pretty opaque to these wavelengths. It also burns the crap out of your skin. UV-C, from my experiences with such lamps, will produce quite a bit of ozone, which you can easily smell. It will burn you pretty badly even with rather short term exposure from an 18 watt mercury vapor type emitter, within a range of about 3 to 5 feet, but beyond about 25 feet seems to not burn as much.

I'm not sure exactly how far the 245 nm emission line really travels through air, as all the fluorescent material I had also reacts strongly to the 365 nm UV-A emission line as well, which penetrates a lot further in air. The 365 nm line is used in mineraological and "poster lamps" and probably doesn't have any significant virus killing possibility.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3292282/

http://gsp.humboldt.edu/OLM/Courses/GSP_216_Online/lesson2-1/atmosphere.html

Atmospheric Absorption - Image Credit: NASAAtmospheric absorption percentages throughout the electromagnetic spectrum. Image Credit: NASA

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-7

I suspect we will.  But the city the stadium is in is prepared for large rowdy crowds, just not sure the are prepared for angry ARMED crowds since Arizona is a open carry state with a glitch in the law that allows teens to carry rifles and anyone to carry a semi auto.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-7

We have a UV light system on our HVAC system we just installed in January.

kizmet1

Jun-7

Oh no! Sounds rough for the sane locals.
When I was young we had a Legionaires convention here. I remember feeling scared because of the anti war protesters doing their thing around the colisseum. The governor was pretty clever and had something like a "love in" as it was called in those days. He had it in a rural park on the far edge of the next county, on a river so they could all go skinny dipping instead of rioting.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-7

Lol!  Innovative approach.  Naked means no weapons!

kizmet1

Jun-7

Lol. No, just a bunch of babies 9 months later.
You think GOP and AZ will.let Trump in after his comments about McCane? Pro or con, he served his country in war and in politics. Watch The View Monday to hearif his daughter speaks her mind,
Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-7

The GOP has already contacted the campaign to get it to Phoenix inspite of the fact he has not paid for the rallies he held here or in Tucson.