Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Will you be Buying and Reading John Bolton's Finally Released Book?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Jun-17 by BWArtist; 3417 views.
MerlinsDad

Jun-18

I'm #101 on the holds list at my library.  It's only available in book form.

MerlinsDad

Jun-18

Love my local library.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-18

I’m not sure why it’s not there.  Usually they buy books in advance. 

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-18

How long a wait is 101? If the book goes out for two weeks, it could take a year.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-18

The Senate, yes, but he was asked to testify in front of the House, too.  The House was D controlled.

MerlinsDad

Jun-18

They have 8 copies on order, but they will probably look at demand and order more.  As #101, I will probably have to wait 3 or 4 months unless they bring in another 20 or 30.  Obviously it's a very important book.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-18

Then why hasn’t my library ordered it?  It’s strange, not even a pending notice.

MerlinsDad

Jun-18

That's a good question.  Ask your local branch manager to find out for you.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-18

They aren’t in yet.  Maybe Covid stopped all their ordering practices.  I checked another district and they ordered books in March.

MerlinsDad

Jun-18

My system has had catch up to do on ordering new books also.  I really don't know if they have totally caught up or not.  I am deeply concerned about their purchasing in the new fiscal year.  The budget, which never recovered from the Great Recession, will be cut again because of the decline in tax revenues.