Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Will you be Buying and Reading John Bolton's Finally Released Book?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Jun-17 by BWArtist; 3592 views.
MerlinsDad

Jun-18

My system has had catch up to do on ordering new books also.  I really don't know if they have totally caught up or not.  I am deeply concerned about their purchasing in the new fiscal year.  The budget, which never recovered from the Great Recession, will be cut again because of the decline in tax revenues.

kizmet1

Jun-18

No. I learned the hard way that publicity tend$ to $ell more political book$ than content.
kizmet1

Jun-18

You ever count how far in advance that is? A couple of years.
Showtalk
Staff

Jun-18

I’ve heard grumblings about the library budget too.  Maybe That’s why there aren’t many new books coming in.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-18

Isnt it always like that? The books get huge ad budgets, they are in the bestseller list for a while but can be poorly written, rambling messes.

MerlinsDad

Jun-18

He's hoping this big case will assure his reelection.  He'll handle all news releases very carefully.  As I said, he tends to showboat.  This will give him opportunity to get a lot of free publicity.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-18

The DA? A news story said he has a lot of distractions based on personal life and accusations.  Is that all fake?

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-18

He doesn't have higher ambition- governor, legislative?.

MerlinsDad

Jun-18

I'd trade DT for Bush in a heartbeat.

I'd rate it a toss up.  Bush had Cheney and Rove.  Trump has Barr, Ross, DeVoe, Wheeler, Pompeo, Mnuchin, Stephen Miller, Kushner, et al.

Not exactly a collection of all star, but then Bush didn't have the "best and brightest" around him, either.

kizmet1

Jun-18

Exactly. The last interesting one I read was about JackieO, if one can call it political. She had a very interesting life before and after JFK.