Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Will you be Buying and Reading John Bolton's Finally Released Book?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Jun-17 by BWArtist; 3565 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-18

He doesn't have higher ambition- governor, legislative?.

MerlinsDad

Jun-18

I'd trade DT for Bush in a heartbeat.

I'd rate it a toss up.  Bush had Cheney and Rove.  Trump has Barr, Ross, DeVoe, Wheeler, Pompeo, Mnuchin, Stephen Miller, Kushner, et al.

Not exactly a collection of all star, but then Bush didn't have the "best and brightest" around him, either.

kizmet1

Jun-18

Exactly. The last interesting one I read was about JackieO, if one can call it political. She had a very interesting life before and after JFK.
MerlinsDad

Jun-18

The library has multiple copies and will probably buy a few more when they see the demand.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-18

No, but Bush did give consideration to what was good for the country; I don't believe Trump ever has.  Not once.  

MerlinsDad

Jun-18

Probably. 

Politicians always say "Well, no one uses libraries any more.  It's all on line."  They ignore the reality that a lot of people don't have computers and most school libraries don't have enough books for their students.  Public libraries are critical.

I'm also concerned that the budget may get cut so badly that hours will be reduced, as they were during the Great Recession.  As during the Great Recession, libraries are more important than ever.  I'm sure your system, like ours, has lots of computers in the branches.  People will be using them to fill out job applications, probably in even greater numbers than during the Great Recession. 

kizmet1

Jun-18

I am tired of libraries spend so much time and money on poorly mannered kids. It us more like they are dumoed there whike moms have linch.
Showtalk
Staff

Jun-18

Ours has been closed for three months.  They have proven they are almost irrelevant as long as people can get online resources.  That won’t go over well with taxpayers. Libraries should have kept their checkout open similar to how it is right now.

MerlinsDad

Jun-18

I don't live in the City of Atlanta, so I am only aware of Howard when he gets a big case. 

MerlinsDad

Jun-18

Doesn't seem to.  He's been DA for 23 years and is running for his 7th term.