Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What’s your favorite part of the zoo?   The Trivia-Loving You: Quizzes

Started Jun-26 by Jeri (azpaints); 903 views.
kizmet1

Jun-26

I loved the gondola running overhead. a great way to see animals behaving like animals.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-26

That's sad.  

kizmet1

Jun-26

That is "progress".
Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-26

Lot of the bigger zoos are reversing the trend and removing concrete except in the interior where the animals are kept for the vet, or so they can clean the public viewing area.

kizmet1

Jun-26

That is great. Too bad the taxpayers will foot the bill.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-26

A lot of zoos are self funded from admission fees and donations from various wildlife foundations and animal research companies.

kizmet1

Jun-26

Ours are buy they still want more, more, more to modernize everything so they can remodel it again and again. Meanwhile, many people are priced away from it.
Showtalk
Staff

Jun-26

I have mixed feelings about zoos. They need to keep animals safe and in the most natural habitats they can.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-26

Many do, but a lot do not!  I'm with you, but the tv show is more about the "behind the stage" stuff so it's interesting.  

MerlinsDad

Jun-26

Atlanta and Chattanooga have terrific aquariums unrelated to the zoo.  As much as I enjoy the entire aquarium and never visit it enough, I think I like the alligators the best (and there's a snapping turtle in there, too).  On second thought, maybe the otters are my favorites.  What hard choices.

I've not been to the Atlanta zoo since high school, and it has been seriously updated since then.  Chattanooga has a small but interesting zoo. I enjoy all of it.