Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

It’s Potato time. Pick your passion...   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Jun-26 by Jeri (azpaints); 1657 views.
MerlinsDad

Jun-26

That really sounds good.

Red potatoes are my favorite.  My wife prefers russet and wants them baked.  We use red or Yukon golds in potato salad.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-26

I read an expert opinion on which potato to use for baking, roasting, salad, grilling.  Discovered I had been doing it all wrong.

kizmet1

Jun-26

Just try the lemon/oil brine befor pouring onto it. Everyone likes tartness differently.
kizmet1

Jun-26

I really love the red since I discovered Middle East flavors. I was a potato with butter eater until then. At least now, I use EVOO which is healthier.
MerlinsDad

Jun-26

If I am doing it wrong, I don't want to know  I like the results the way we do it.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-26

My thoughts exactly!

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-26

I bet I make the strangest potato salad around...

kizmet1

Jun-26

What seasonings do you like?
Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-26

Most of the standard...salt, pepper, garlic, dill.  But what makes mine different is the way I fix the potatoes.  Skin, dice, cook in water seasoned with garlic.  When done, drain. Then...put 1/4 - 1/3 of the potatoes in a mixing bowl, add butter, milk, sour cream...whatever you normally use...and mash them til smooth.   Add the unmashed potatoes, mix and make your salad as usual.  It makes a creamier potato salad.

kizmet1

Jun-26

Potatoes with a potato sauce. Very unusual. Did you invent it?