Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-6

I have always had a problem with accents even in my prime.  Only gotten worse as I age.  In today's reality it makes calling customer service a challenge.

At least she had the sense to not push the issue, LOL.

Oddly, as a young worker politics and religion were never mentioned in the work place and seldom in social gatherings.  The last 15 yrs of my working career was like another world...lunch hours talking current events in politics was normal.

She was asked to remove the picture and just moved it to another place on her desk.  She then found a website that had revolving Christian sayings and Bible quotes and that was her sleep mode for her computer.  She made critical errors when she failed to realize 3 partners were Jewish and their clients weighted heavily Jewish.  I was sitting in reception waiting for a client when she said to an attorney also wasting time waiting for his client that if one divorced and remarried one was committing adultery and would end in hell and children from the second marriage were bas**rds.  That did it - the attorney was divorced with twins from his second marriage (which she knew) and I, too, was divorced with second marriage kids (which she knew).  She was placed on probation, ordered to remove all religious items on or in her desk and told she could only wear a 1 - 1.5" cross necklace.   It was quite a couple of months.  She even had her pastor call the senior partner to complain about "freedoms" - yes, call a lawyer and complain.  It was almost funny.  If she violated the office policy on no religious artifacts it would be immediate termination.  She quit about 4 months later, was terminated from that job for the same reasons.  I went on SSDI about the same time and was shocked a yr later when she called me at home to tell me one of the attorney's daughters who had worked as an assistant to me had been killed in a car wreck.  She said she had comeback to work there after apologizing to all the Jewish and divorced partners and employees.  Sad memory in a way...

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-6

I won't be making that mistake again. We are all entitled to our opinions we are not necessarily entitled to our own facts.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-6

We are entitled to speak without being attacked. That goes for everyone.  If someone attacked you and I saw it, I would stop it.  I haven’t seen that and I apologize if it happened and I missed it.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-6

I don't feel I've been attacked, nor do I feel I have personally attacked kismet.  
This will be my last post in Hawaii, just to present facts.   Note this is law, not opinion.

Hawaii (8 USC Sec. 1405 - anyone born from April 30, 1900 is a citizen):

A person born in Hawaii on or after August 12, 1898, and before April 30, 1900, is declared to be a citizen of the United States as of April 30, 1900. A person born in Hawaii on or after April 30, 1900, is a citizen of the United States at birth. A person who was a citizen of the Republic of Hawaii on August 12, 1898, is declared to be a citizen of the United States as of April 30, 1900.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-6

Ok, not attack but respect differences.  I’m think of the dog forum where everyone got upset and in the end I ended up getting blamed.  Maybe not by you but by everyone else.  All for differences in opinion.  We have a good forum here.  

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-6

I simply said I was shocked.  

MerlinsDad

Jul-6

We are all entitled to our opinions we are not necessarily entitled to our own facts.

amen

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-6

It’s over now.  Let’s just remember kindness, even if we disagree, myself included.  Elections come and go but I would like us all to remain friends.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-6

That facts statement is incredibly offensive, not from you but from anyone.  It implies that only the speaker knows what they are talking about and anyone who disagrees is a liar or stupid.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-6

I made the facts statement originally, not Merlins Dad.  It doesn't imply only the speaker knows what they are talking about.  It means that facts are important and should have as much importance as opinions.  You're right.  It's over.  I'm done.  You said this is an opinion forum and it is.  But I give importance to facts and respect opinions.