Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Poor RNC can't win   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Jun-30 by Jeri (azpaints); 2661 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-1

You said wearing a mask made talking difficult.  It does and that is why meetings should be socially distanced or virtual.  But when one is simply walking, where one might greet someone in passing (or not) the "difficult to talk" is not applicable and a mask should be worn.  I spent hours in the hospital and at dr appointments and was able to talk and understand the dr and nurses.  A speech setting adds the complications of a microphone and there is no question in my mind that makes understanding difficult.

So:  when giving a speech Social distance, no mask.  When walking around, wear a mask.  When in one on one meetings wear a mask.  

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-1

Oh, I see. Yes.

MerlinsDad

Jul-1

That's a good question.  I don't have the answer.

kizmet1

Jul-1

I appreciate being able to discuss all sides and try to be like a grown up. There are pleny of forums that take sides and attack certain political parties. They run promos all the time if anyone is interested.
kizmet1

Jul-1

Please check it out and report on it. I would but it is hard to on a 5"ceell phone.
MerlinsDad

Jul-1

I told you that I thought it was funny, and, after some thought, I realized that the reason I laughed is because Trump and most of the more visible Republicans have created conditions where it takes a lot of emotional energy to think positively of them.  

It takes absolutely no emotional energy to be acutely and painfully aware of all the damage they've done.  That's the constant condition they've created.

Msg 4094.25 deleted
MerlinsDad

Jul-1

Ran across this little tidbit today

President Trump on Wednesday endorsed mask-wearing in order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, saying he is “all for masks” despite resisting wearing one in public himself.

“I’m all for masks. I think masks are good,” Trump told Fox Business in an interview, adding that he would wear a face covering if he were in a “tight situation” with other people.

Trump noted that he hasn’t had to wear a mask because people who come in contact with him are tested for the coronavirus. Asked whether he would wear a mask publicly, Trump said he would have “no problem” with doing so.

“I mean, I’d have no problem. Actually, I had a mask on, I sort of liked the way I looked,” Trump said, adding that he thought he looked like the “Lone Ranger.”  

Trump stopped short of calling for a mandatory mask policy, however, saying that in some areas of the country people stay a “very long distance” away from one another.

Trump’s remarks come after Republicans and his allies have publicly endorsed mask-wearing, with some urging him to wear a mask publicly in order to set an example for the American public
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/505478-trump-says-hes-all-for-masks

MerlinsDad

Jul-1

Ran across this little tidbit today

President Trump on Wednesday endorsed mask-wearing in order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, saying he is “all for masks” despite resisting wearing one in public himself.

“I’m all for masks. I think masks are good,” Trump told Fox Business in an interview, adding that he would wear a face covering if he were in a “tight situation” with other people.

Trump noted that he hasn’t had to wear a mask because people who come in contact with him are tested for the coronavirus. Asked whether he would wear a mask publicly, Trump said he would have “no problem” with doing so.

“I mean, I’d have no problem. Actually, I had a mask on, I sort of liked the way I looked,” Trump said, adding that he thought he looked like the “Lone Ranger.”  

Trump stopped short of calling for a mandatory mask policy, however, saying that in some areas of the country people stay a “very long distance” away from one another.

Trump’s remarks come after Republicans and his allies have publicly endorsed mask-wearing, with some urging him to wear a mask publicly in order to set an example for the American public
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/505478-trump-says-hes-all-for-masks

Maybe his half-hearted admission that masks are good will catch on with those who don't wear them for political reasons and the number of mask wearing public will increase. 

MerlinsDad

Jul-1

I sent you an email where Trump talks about the people who come in to see him