Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Were police right in clearing out the CHOP zone?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jul-1 by Showtalk; 962 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-3

There was no mention before or after either of the man who died, did you even know his name?  You are focusing on a minor point, not the issue.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-3

That is not what I meant.  How interesting a simple comment can be turned into something malevolent.

MerlinsDad

Jul-3

Clearing it without incident and injury is a minor point?

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-3

Our news covered his death, but I admitI don't know his name.  

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-3

Minor in terms of my comment not the arrest.  How are we not understanding each other at all today?

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-3

Because the media lost interest once they heard he was a developmentally delayed young man who should not have been anywhere near a danger zone.  It’s clear he had no understanding about how dangerous it was or that he should not be there.

MerlinsDad

Jul-3

showtalks says;  "That is not what I meant.  How interesting a simple comment can be turned into something malevolent.'

You separated it from the rest of the comment to emphasize its importance. 

showtalk says:  "I could not take my eyes off the filth and destruction.  We can’t smell anything in a video and the news report didn’t mention smell."

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-3

No, the news here mentioned his name, but we lost 2 cops and a fireman here and I am absolutely terrible with remembering names.  

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-3

They don’t really talk about all the others who died as a result of the protests about one person being killed.  Every one is a loss and a needless tragedy.

In reply toRe: msg 27
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-3

Why didn’t anyone else call him?