Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Were police right in clearing out the CHOP zone?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jul-1 by Showtalk; 961 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-3

It’s very sad there were so many needless deaths.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-3

We don’t know that he didn’t. The media rarely reports any good things he does.  I only find them if I actively look.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-3

The families would tell us, or the local government officials here if he had called the widows.  He didn't 

Meriana

Jul-5

They should never have been allowed to take over that, or any other part of the city at all. However since it did happen when the police cleared them out, they should have just rounded up everyone involved in Chaz/Chop, and made them clean up all the graffiti, etc., and repair whatever damage they caused

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-5

They should have but they can’t.  Those responsible were mostly gone by the time they cleaned it out.

I didn't even know it happened. Guess I was too busy doing business closure stuff and other stuff last week to keep up with it.

I've got about 2 whole weeks of accumulated radio captures off the air I haven't even started to listen to.

They should use every forensic tool available to identify who did the damage, and then throw the book at them, holding them fully liable for all repairs. And if it takes the rest of their lives to pay it, then it takes the rest of their lives.

Showtalk said:

We can’t smell anything in a video and the news report didn’t mention smell.

Fortunately we don't have Smell-o-Vision. Otherwise, some things like episodes of "Hoarders"  or that infamous whale carcass washed up on a beach that split open and violently released a lot of decomposition gas.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-7

I haven’t seen a thing in the news about damage to buildings.  Apparently this isn’t interesting enough to write about it,mor it’s hidden somewhere behind other stories.

I thought some of the buildings had been completely trashed by the rioters, squad cars burned, probably urine and feces and trash everywhere, graffiti spray-painted on all sorts of surfaces, the usual kind of stuff.