Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Were police right in clearing out the CHOP zone?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jul-1 by Showtalk; 929 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-1

No!! It said “should have” but then I edited the rest of it...

The final straw was violence, two teens murdered and others injured.

kizmet1

Jul-1

The whole thing was a big mess. Glad they are gone.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-1

The mess is just the beginning.  I wonder if every building was destroyed inside.

kizmet1

Jul-1

I think the older buildings near there are pretty well built. Probably need a lot if elbo grease to clean? The newer ones have more large windows which may have been broken.
The modern, newer city and federal buildings here had fires set. Take a lot of work.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-1

Flooring and walls can be ruined, as well as plumbing and other systems.

kizmet1

Jul-1

Yes but not as easily as newer buildings, imo. I am comparing the newer gov't buildings here which suffered a lot.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-1

I hope you are right and the damage isn’t too bad.

kizmet1

Jul-1

I was looking over the area as some of my relatives lived there many years ago. Doesn't look like a slum. By a nice park with a lake.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-1

The area is nice, what they did it it might not be.

In reply toRe: msg 1
MerlinsDad

Jul-2

The police were wise to permit reporters to accompany them into CHOP.  Here's a video of the procedure.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/protests/inside-look-at-seattles-east-precinct-after-police-dismantle-chop-zone/281-5a0d60bb-65ab-47f7-9894-b174332d4166

It appears to have been fairly peaceful, although, as one should expect, there was some resistance.