Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Were police right in clearing out the CHOP zone?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jul-1 by Showtalk; 922 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-1

The mess is just the beginning.  I wonder if every building was destroyed inside.

kizmet1

Jul-1

I think the older buildings near there are pretty well built. Probably need a lot if elbo grease to clean? The newer ones have more large windows which may have been broken.
The modern, newer city and federal buildings here had fires set. Take a lot of work.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-1

Flooring and walls can be ruined, as well as plumbing and other systems.

kizmet1

Jul-1

Yes but not as easily as newer buildings, imo. I am comparing the newer gov't buildings here which suffered a lot.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-1

I hope you are right and the damage isn’t too bad.

kizmet1

Jul-1

I was looking over the area as some of my relatives lived there many years ago. Doesn't look like a slum. By a nice park with a lake.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-1

The area is nice, what they did it it might not be.

In reply toRe: msg 1
MerlinsDad

Jul-2

The police were wise to permit reporters to accompany them into CHOP.  Here's a video of the procedure.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/protests/inside-look-at-seattles-east-precinct-after-police-dismantle-chop-zone/281-5a0d60bb-65ab-47f7-9894-b174332d4166

It appears to have been fairly peaceful, although, as one should expect, there was some resistance.

MerlinsDad

Jul-2

I posted a video of the clearing by reporters permitted to accompany the police at message #13. 

This video presents quite a different perspective on what transpired than this report and their video from a helicopter. 

Of course, as we've discussed before, everything depends on where the cameraperson points the camera and how the editors crop it up for viewing.  Our emotions are so easily manipulated by visual images.

I suppose one has to draw his or her own conclusions after reading and watching.  I voted other.  Let's see what transpires in the next day to two.   The video shows the bicycle police moving in, which looked fairly peaceful; however, they also brought in the armored vehicles.  There was resistance, as you should expect.  Neither report talks about injuries, which is a good thing.  They were wise to begin their procedure so early in the morning.  That probably reduced the probability of injury.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-2

There is almost no coverage of the 19 year old disabled man who was murdered in the CHOP zone.  Protestors refused to allow police or emergencies responders in to help him and he died as a result.

https://www.lucianne.com/2020/07/01/father_whose_19-year-son_was_killed_inbrseattles_chop_gives_emotional_interviewbrthey_should_have_stopped_this_a_longbrtime_ago_37903.html