Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are the suburbs outdated?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Jul-1 by Showtalk; 2063 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-3

That is such nonsense, I am sorry, I can’t even believe anyone writes that garbage.  The underlying assumption is that without a law Black families are Incapable of earning enough money to live in suburban communities.  There is nothing more racist than that kind of thinking.  I don’t know what kind of segregation exists still in your state, but it’s not happening here.  Most communities have a good mix of races, based on people moving where they choose to live.  If your state is segregated, I feel sorry for you and everyone who chooses to live there.  Our communities all have their own personalities and racial blends.  Some are more heavily Asian, by choice.  The Hispanic families I know are extremely close, and choose to live in the cities where most of their families live.  If a few family members can’t afford a nicer community, they buy or rent nearby so they can actively participate in each other’s lives.  That is by choice.  Ironically a lot of white young adults can’t afford to live near their parents and are moving to cities they can afford, which are often what would be considered less nice areas.

Suburbs may be affluent, but most are not. Another ridiculous bias.

• Edited July 3, 2020 9:28 pm  by  Showtalk
MerlinsDad

Jul-3

We have very different views of Trump's efforts to gut anti-discrimination laws and the consequences of those efforts.  You are really missing the point, so I hope you will excuse me if I don't take the time to refute your assertions. 

In reply toRe: msg 18
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-3

This discussion isn’t even about Trump. I’m not sure why everything becomes a Trump discussion. It’s tiresome.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-3

You are the forum owner.  If you don't want political discussions, ban them.  If you don't enjoy them, don't participate and let those who do enjoy them talk to ourselves.  It's normal for people to focus on politics in an election year, more so with the various levels of government failing on the coronavirus level.  Taking an interest in our country is healthy.  It protects our constitutional rights, our history, the parties and our way of life.  This subject is political in nature as politics control zoning and city growth.   

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-4

I’m not sure how it logically follows that every subject is Trump related. It’s not. I haven’t said a word when your AZ discussion turned to Trump since you started it and you can direct it. I noticed only two are even posting in it anymore.  Which is fine, you are free to talk about it.  But I would prefer to keep this one on topic.

MerlinsDad

Jul-4

Very well stated.  Thank you.

MerlinsDad

Jul-4

But that's exactly who it is about.  Kurtz [https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/biden-and-dems-are-set-to-abolish-the-suburbs/] is just the echo chamber.

President Trump has taken aim at an Obama-era program intended to eliminate racial housing disparities in the suburbs, a move proponents of the policy see as an attempt to shore up his sagging support among white suburban voters by stoking racial division.

In a Twitter post late Tuesday, Mr. Trump announced that he was considering the elimination of a 2015 initiative known as Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing, which requires localities to identify and address patterns of racial segregation outlawed under the Fair Housing Act of 1968 by creating detailed corrective plans. 

Mr. Trump and his campaign team, already concerned about his weakness in battleground states, have become increasingly alarmed by internal polling showing a softening of support among suburban voters, especially women without college degrees, according to two Republican officials close to the campaign. [bolding mine --MD}
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/us/politics/trump-obama-housing-discrimination.html

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-4

Political discussions generally involve both parties opinions and stands on an issue.  IIRC, you introduced Biden's Housing plans for suburbs.  Biden is running against Trump. QED Talk about one naturally leads to talk about the other.   Now that Iunderstand your goals, I won't change the focus f your threads.  However EVERYONE is welcome to post on threads I have started, change the subject, stay on subject, agree, disagree, share or ignore.

You're right only two are posting on the AZ thread which is sad since the majority of the posts are updates on statistics and efforts to stop Covid19.  

Don't know enough to form a option.