Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Wow! International students can stay with online courses only!   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jul-14 by MerlinsDad; 197 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-14

Saw that this AM.  My guess?  Secretary of Education has a huge financial investment in private schools with lots of foreign students.  Think of all the foreign dignitaries that put their kids in private US schools that are now online only.

MerlinsDad

Jul-14

Some of his big donors may have been included in these protesters.

Two days after it was announced, Harvard and M.I.T. filed the first of several lawsuits seeking to stop it.

The attorneys general of at least 18 states, including Massachusetts and California, also sued, charging that the policy was reckless, cruel and senseless. Scores of universities threw their support behind the litigation, along with organizations representing international students.

On Tuesday, more than a dozen technology companies, including Google, Facebook and Twitter, also came out in support of the Harvard and M.I.T. lawsuit, arguing the policy would harm their businesses.  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/world/coronavirus-update.html#link-1b9e78d3

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-14

I just saw the news on the lawsuit!  He just can't stay out of court...

MerlinsDad

Jul-14

At least, in this instance, he came to an agreement before the lawsuits appeared in court, although I gather that a judge was involved in the process.  As you said about Ducey, Trump used the courts as delaying tactics.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-14

Irritated that we waste taxpayer $$ for judges, court clerks, government attorneys for his ego.

MerlinsDad

Jul-14

Yeah.  There ought to be a loophole somewhere which allows us to require him to pay for them out of his own immense checkbook, especially after the way he has profited from his corruption.