Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

This little news items should off alarm bells -- very loud alarm bells   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jul-14 by MerlinsDad; 204 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
MerlinsDad

Jul-14

I trust the CDC.  I don't trust the  administration, not with something as important as coronavirus patient information..  I worry about it being distorted and/or withheld from the public.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-14

Distorted?  Deliberately Falsified fits better.

MerlinsDad

Jul-14

True.  Given his obsession with getting re-elected and his miserable failure with Covid_19, I would expect the data to be manipulated and distorted

In reply toRe: msg 1
MerlinsDad

Jul-16

I guess the alarm bells got loud enough

The US Department of Health and Human Services changed course on Thursday on a controversial decision about hospital data, directing the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to re-post public hospital information onto its website.

HHS had told hospitals to stop reporting the data on coronavirus hospitalizations to CDC, saying the agency was posting the information too slowly. HHS, the parent department of CDC, said it would manage the information instead.
CDC took down some of the data from its website Wednesday evening.

On Thursday morning, HHS said it was directing the agency to put the data back up.
"HHS is committed to being transparent with the American public about the information it is collecting on the coronavirus. Therefore, HHS has directed CDC to re-establish the coronavirus dashboards it withdrew from the public on Wednesday," Assistant Secretary of Public Affairs Michael Caputo said Thursday.

"Going forward, HHS and CDC will deliver more powerful insights on the coronavirus, powered by HHS Protect," said Caputo. HHS Protect is the department's coronavirus information center.
In reply toRe: msg 5
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-16

BWArtist

Jul-16

Given the history we all should acknowledge is how Trump handles a crisis, I don't see taking all the data from the scientists as a sensible thing to do.

And speaking of censorship, do you remember I posted about how Trump replaced the person in charge of VOA?

I think stories like how Vietnam successfully combated the virus got under Trump's skin. So much so that Trump installed a cronie to go against the original intent of Voice of America.