Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Posts   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jul-14 by kizmet1; 1144 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

About 30-50 gals per day depending on size, temperatures and exercise level.  Three horses was quite a drain.  

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

Did they check the main line?

kizmet1

Jul-15

That is a lot of water. Much bigger than a bathtub.
kizmet1

Jul-15

Just around the meter. As long as the meter didn't move, he wasn't concerned. He did suggest I consult a plumber on the list the water bureau gave me if I have any more problems. Also, he cut away some big laurel branches. I will not mind if the laurel hedge is taken out. I wondered if I had the Coronavirus everytime I walked out to go shopping. One day I was in a store with good air conditionin. and I realized I felt wonderful! After laurel bloomed the snowball took over. Buddleia and lilac are fine.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

Did he check meter flow per minute?  In other words when you use water is more water flowing through the meter than into your house?  I can't remember exactly how, but they measured the meter flow to the volume of water.  Discovered a deep leak in our pipe from the meter to the house.  Our neighbors leak was the same only his was under the road and ours was in our yard.

kizmet1

Jul-15

It was not checked. No water comes out of the faucet, on or off, Inside knob or outside knob. His concern was what made the monthly meter reading go up to 60 when 2 - 6 has been aversge for me. I will do research on outdoor faucets and indoor valves first. I tend to research things as some men tried to rip me off when building.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-15

If they find a leak ask them to forgive the bill.  They would rather see it fixed than have an unusually high charge go for a customer.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-15

Is it possible they misread the meter?  If it was real usage the water had to go somewhere.  Did they suggest putting a camera down the line to see if there is a break?