Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Posts   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jul-14 by kizmet1; 1115 views.
kizmet1

Jul-15

No sprinklers. One indoor master for outdoor faucet was off for winter. I turned it on and nothing came out of outside faucet. Time coincides with when my use went up. Must be getting water under outside of faucet cement sidewalk. Waiting for 1st plumber now. If in ground to meter, could run several thou$and.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-15

Yes it could be expensive. Let me know what you find out.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

Good luck, hope its a cheap quick fix.  

kizmet1

Jul-15

Still waiting. I feel it is connected to outdoor faucet not working. I turned on it's indoor master about the same time my usage went sky high. Only other option is that someone snuck over and turned the rear outdoor faucet on. I let the blackberries grow up so one neighbor would not have an easy path to my back yard like he used to. New neighbors? Don't know them, yet.
kizmet1

Jul-15

Thank you. So far, the water is $250 for one month.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

Gotta be a leak.  Hope they. check the main water line that serves your entire neighborhood.  We had a main pipe in Scottsdale get a leak and they had to tear up the street!  If you only use under $50 a month it's unlikely one neighbor could steal $200 in one month as an example.

kizmet1

Jul-15

No one would"steal" it.They would just turn it on. One neighbor is a very early riser. Walked his dog here early in morning. One day I heard him tripping over my ladder in my back yard. He is not a nice man. I think money went to his head.
  • Edited July 15, 2020 5:06 pm  by  kizmet1
Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

My DH can tell when our outside water is running.  Ask plumber about a lock for your outdoor faucet.  We had one on ours during one bad neighbor time who used our water to water his horses.  

kizmet1

Jul-15

I bet horses drink a lot, too? Neighbors can be sooo nice or be wretched.
In reply toRe: msg 11
kizmet1

Jul-15

The rest of my plumbing problems:

Man from water district just left. He had arrived and examined the meter before calling me. The verdict? We do not know. I had the outdoor faucet knob turned off on the outside and the master on the inside. The meter was not moving. I turned on the washer and the meter moved. Perplexed? So are we. He said I can call a plumber if I want. I wonder if the outside faucet is broken? In the meantime, I will string all.my hoses together and hope they will be able to water the plants in front.