Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Posts   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jul-14 by kizmet1; 1118 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

Gotta be a leak.  Hope they. check the main water line that serves your entire neighborhood.  We had a main pipe in Scottsdale get a leak and they had to tear up the street!  If you only use under $50 a month it's unlikely one neighbor could steal $200 in one month as an example.

kizmet1

Jul-15

No one would"steal" it.They would just turn it on. One neighbor is a very early riser. Walked his dog here early in morning. One day I heard him tripping over my ladder in my back yard. He is not a nice man. I think money went to his head.
  • Edited July 15, 2020 5:06 pm  by  kizmet1
Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

My DH can tell when our outside water is running.  Ask plumber about a lock for your outdoor faucet.  We had one on ours during one bad neighbor time who used our water to water his horses.  

kizmet1

Jul-15

I bet horses drink a lot, too? Neighbors can be sooo nice or be wretched.
In reply toRe: msg 11
kizmet1

Jul-15

The rest of my plumbing problems:

Man from water district just left. He had arrived and examined the meter before calling me. The verdict? We do not know. I had the outdoor faucet knob turned off on the outside and the master on the inside. The meter was not moving. I turned on the washer and the meter moved. Perplexed? So are we. He said I can call a plumber if I want. I wonder if the outside faucet is broken? In the meantime, I will string all.my hoses together and hope they will be able to water the plants in front.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

About 30-50 gals per day depending on size, temperatures and exercise level.  Three horses was quite a drain.  

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

Did they check the main line?

kizmet1

Jul-15

That is a lot of water. Much bigger than a bathtub.
kizmet1

Jul-15

Just around the meter. As long as the meter didn't move, he wasn't concerned. He did suggest I consult a plumber on the list the water bureau gave me if I have any more problems. Also, he cut away some big laurel branches. I will not mind if the laurel hedge is taken out. I wondered if I had the Coronavirus everytime I walked out to go shopping. One day I was in a store with good air conditionin. and I realized I felt wonderful! After laurel bloomed the snowball took over. Buddleia and lilac are fine.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

Did he check meter flow per minute?  In other words when you use water is more water flowing through the meter than into your house?  I can't remember exactly how, but they measured the meter flow to the volume of water.  Discovered a deep leak in our pipe from the meter to the house.  Our neighbors leak was the same only his was under the road and ours was in our yard.