Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should TV and Film a production move overseas?   The Pleasure Seeking You: Entertainment & Sports

Started Jul-15 by Showtalk; 535 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-15

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-15

In reply toRe: msg 3
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-15

It is almost impossible to film in CA or NY due to very strict rules for travel and for work. Other states may be less restrictive. Other countries may not allow filming, like New Zealand but realizing the huge financial benefit, they are considering allowing crews to come in and work if they are in remote locations and are completely isolated.  The Bachelorette is going to resume production by keeping participants in a sheltered “bubble” for the duration.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

Aren't a lot of movies already shot overseas?  I think Georgia has a huge state entertainment policy/attractiveness.  But I voted other cause I don't know the current statistics.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-15

Some are.  Don’t quote me but I think GA is #3, following CA, then NY, for filming. We also film a lot in Vancouver.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

I thought Vancouver was popular but wasn't sure.  Surprised at NY, but do you mean not NYC metro?  That would have to be pricey.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-15

Filming in NYC is a huge industry.  It’s a smaller market than LA, but NY actors tend to do very well, because there are many fewer of them.  Same in Canada. That is why so many famous U.S. actors are from Canada.  There is often almost no competition for major roles, so those fortunate enough to get work, build huge resumes. Then they find LA agents who want a piece of that income, and end up edging out LA actors. We also have a lot of Australian actors, which you may not realize because they use American accents.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

One of my favorite shows was The Mentalist- IIRC he was Australian.

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-15

Yes, he was. So is Jesse on Chicago Fire - no accent, on House he had an accent.  Alex O’Laughlin is also Australian.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jul-15

I got hooked on the Chicago series - all three - when I got bored one night.  I did not Alex was!  Surprised he quit the series...homesick?  One of my DHs favorite shows (not mine).