Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Real Movie Star Died   Knock Knock - Off Topic

Started Jul-26 by kizmet1; 223 views.
kizmet1

Jul-26

A great actress has died.
Olivia deHavilland, two time Oscar winner has died at the age of 104. She won Oscars for To Each His Own and The Heiress. She was the sister of actress Joan Fontaine.
Miss deHavilland was nominated for Best supporting actress for Gone With The Wind but lost out to castmate Hattie McDaniel who.played Mammy.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-27

kizmet1

Jul-27

I had a paperback about her and her sister. Barely started it, got distacted and have not see it since. What I learned is that her father was a famous lawyer in Japan. It is due to his work there a law was passed to prevent girls of 5 years old being "sold" to men for their first sexual intercourse experience.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-27

She was a force in the industry. I didn't know that about her father.

kizmet1

Jul-27

It was around 1900. A real accomplishment of his. I guess it continued but with teens. I read Memoirs of a Geisha. That is the one thing I was shocked to learn about Japanese culture
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-27

I read that too. It was beautifully done and expressed a lot about their history.

kizmet1

Jul-27

It is a book and movie I wouldn't mind reading or watching over.
Showtalk
Staff

Jul-27

Yes, I would too.