Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you finding new product shortages Fall 2020?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Sep-30 by Showtalk; 3406 views.
kizmet1

Sep-30

The top price is par for the course most if the time.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-30

It’s probably the same here, too.

kizmet1

Oct-1

Food may be cheaper elsewhere but without a car I have no way of knowing. Fred Meyer has turned into a very big rip off. Used to sell large economy sizes of frozen food, ie vegetables and chicken parts. Now, it is rare to get anything plain in bigger than a pound.
  • Edited October 1, 2020 1:07 am  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-1

That could be how it’s packaged for them from the supplier.

kizmet1

Oct-1

Hmmm. At FM tomorrow. Will have to remember to pick their brains. Large packages mean less garbage in my can. I get so tired of styrafoam trays filling my garbage can which is picked up less than monthly.
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-1

You should have weekly garbage pick up! That is a health risk.

kizmet1

Oct-1

Nothing to put in the can. I wash my garbage, mostly trays and plastic sacks,before bringing it out. Remember, I live alone, you don't. Also, I do not eat beef or pork and most vegetables are fresh.
kizmet1

Oct-1

Costco packs everything fresh and frozen in large economy sizes. All stores did when I was growing up.
One year we were feeling good about catching basics like chicken parts, beef, and vegetable sales and filling a large upright freezer full. One day the furnace needed servicing. My mother opened the outside basement door for the repairman and asked him to close the door all the way when he left. He slammed it but it bounced open. He had used the electricity where the freezer was plugged and forgot to plug it back in. We felt cold floors upstairs but couldn't figure out why. We also saw little 4 legged critters running across the LR floor as we watched tv. The basement door was open and the freezer was leaking from the ice cream and everything else that had thawed. We then learned about mouse traps (hard to work) and DCon (show them no mercy).
We refroze everything and tossed it out frozen for weekly garbage pickup. Took a long time. Because my mother had bad knees I had to do most of it alone.
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-1

So you don’t need it then.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-1

That’s so sad and a lot of work for you. Yes, Costco seems large packages of meat.