Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Diet Cola and Eyesight   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Jan-23 by kizmet1; 1556 views.
Showtalk
Host

Jan-23

It could be a cause and it could be a coincidence.

Showtalk
Host

Jan-23

It is not always clear if the problem is the drink itself or if it is the result of other factors, such as obesity.

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

Jan-23

When I posted to you that Aspartame is deadly and in most all diet drinks, I was hoping you would have looked on your drinks to make sure it didn't have this in them.  Aspartame can cause some to go blind, but the real deceiving thing about diet drinks is they cause obesity.  They don't do a thing for weight loss.  There are other things Aspartame can do to the body, none of them are good.

kizmet1

Jan-23

A doctor gave me really bad eyesight with antibiotics and steroids in my eyes for almost 18 months.  Everytime I ran out of drugs I would call for an appt and be told to refill the drops.  I discovered during a hot summer that drinking diet cola cleared up my vision temporarily and started drinking it daily.  I treat it like a yeast infection of my eyes.   My vision is now almost normal and better than most my age.  I have one cataract left over from dumb doctor's drugs.    I never did anything to get any in the first place. Diabetes is not in my future.  I get most carbs from vegetables and whole grain, not flour.  I was 5 when my gf had a stroke in front of me.  He was found out to be a secret diabetic.  It changed his life and mine.  He had 9 more years with us.  No one in the family has had high blood sugar problems except his 2 sisters who were always very overweight but died as they were close to 90.  

kizmet1

Jan-23

Strep was worse in one eye to begin with.

Showtalk
Host

Jan-23

I think you should do what works for you.  I do what works well for me.

kizmet1

Jan-24

Good idea. :)
WALTER784

Jan-26

First of all... are you sure the two are related?

Age is another possible cause, but you may not have realized it just yet.

As for diet cola... hmmm... I'm not for diet anything.

I don't like sugar replacements... they just don't taste right.

I've never liked the taste of anything that said diet... maybe because of the sugar replacement additive, but not sure. The taste just wasn't right for my taste buds.

I do not go for anything 0 calorie or "less/no fat", etc. regardless of what ever it is. I like natural nature flavoring, not man made alternatives. First of all, they natural and secondly, many man made alternatives have had other bad effects.

FWIW

kizmet1

Jan-26

I do not eat anything with sugar on a daily basis. Sugar is promoted here in the USA to boost the job market, not because it is healthful. Look at Asia. They do very well (or used to until they started using American eating habits) without it on a daily basis.
Using sugar daily can react with American antibioics, steroids and penicillin and cause systemic candida (aka yeast infection, jock itch) in parts of the body never seen by the public, let alone those that are seen. Sugar causes weight gain, makes kids hyper and affects the teeth in a bad way.
On the good side, sugar tastses good and it also gives many a job.
I enjoy fresh fruit eaten without sugar. I grew up using sugar on berries because adults put it there when serving it. I also used very little jam with my peanut butter. Never anything sweet on my toast.
The little bit of sweetener in coffee, tea or diet drinks is small and without the addicting side effects of sugar.
I was 5 when I saw my very obese grandpa having a stroke. He survived but refused to change his diet in secret. I went shopping with him on weekends and he had pie ala mode every time. At home he had cookies hidden in a big radio by his work bench in the basement. More were by his work bench in the garage. He bought low sugar shortbread for the kitchen cookie jar.
How many people using artificial sweeteners hide desserts all over the house?