Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have you been vaccinated for Covid 19?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started 3/6/21 by Showtalk; 4774 views.
Marci (marcinmin)

3/13/21

I got my first Pfizer shot a week ago. already scheduled for the second one March 27. Proud of my state (NM) leading the nation in total vaccination percentage and in one shot percentage. Some of the U.S. Territories are doing even better.

Showtalk
Host

3/13/21

Your state is doing very well. What is their percentage?

Marci (marcinmin)

3/13/21

As of today, 28.6% have had at least

1 dose and 16.6% are fully

vaccinated

Showtalk
Host

3/13/21

Great numbers! Our state is closer to maybe 20%?  

Marci (marcinmin)

3/14/21

some of the links with stats aren't up to the minute and it is hard to keep up because the vaccinations have ramped up so much. I got the latest figures from NM. Hope this graph isn't too big.

http://people.delphiforums.com/marcinmin/Daily%20vaccines.jpg

Showtalk
Host

3/14/21

No, it’s fine.  Thank you.  How is your state more efficient than others? Here, people who want the vaccine can’t get appointments unless they hit the website at exactly the right time.  People get appointments, then they are cancelled and pushed back a month. That is in high risk groups, too.  

Marci (marcinmin)

3/14/21

Everyone has to register with the state DOH. Then you get an invitation to make an appt via text and/or email. The nurse I talked to said go online immediately to make an appt as they fill up quickly. I made my appt as soon as I got the text. They only send invites to ppl who are eligible and haven’t gotten a vaccine. There are some pharmacies and other sites who hold their own clinics - ppl have to be registered with the state but eligibility requirement not needed. Some hospitals and medical groups and clinicS also holding their own clinics and making their own appts. The event I went to was huge but fast and efficient.. The University hospital sponsored the event and had a ton of staffers and volunteers. The state has also had drive through events at the state fairgrounds Walmart parking lot, etc. mine wasn’t drive through - it was at the UNM basketball arena - plenty of parking and people to direct and guide you through. I even got a text message after the 15 minute waiting period was up. Also, when I got the vaccine I was scheduled immediately for the second shot.

Fancy Boots (FancyBoots)

3/14/21

I'm glad she had a mild case of it.  Most likely, me having diabetes + helped me have a horrid case.  I take most of those as well and have for years.

Marci (marcinmin)

3/14/21

There are some reports of blood clots after vaccinations. Anecdotal so far but enough for some countries to take note. Ireland has suspended AZ use until more data is collected. I doubt the FDA will rush to approve it right away, especially since we have 3 approved vaccines

Showtalk
Host

3/14/21

That is interesting. It sounds efficient.  What if people don’t want to go to a mega site?  I know quite a few elderly people who drove to a huge stadium and were around far too many people, even distanced.