Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you agree with the decision to move Major League Baseball from Atlanta to Den   The Pleasure Seeking You: Entertainment & Sports

Started 4/6/21 by Showtalk; 4291 views.
WALTER784

4/9/21

Showtalk said...

They will do what they feel they need to do.

So a Levi Jeans CEO feels he needs to stand up and make a pro Democrat statement about gun control?

Most hunters I know (myself included) wear jeans when we go hunting. I'm sure this CEO realizes that he needs to have all hunters change their brand of jeans from Levi to Wrangler or other jeans manufacturer!!! </sarcasm off>

It's stupid!

Had he kept his political Democrat mouth shut about gun control and just continued selling jeans, hunters who previously purchased Levi's would probably continue to do so. But because he opened his stupid mouth, now hunters who own Levi's jeans will stop purchasing them due to their gun control stance.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than to open your mouth and reveal all doubts... comes to mind.

And that's Levi's CEO's need!!! (* ROFLMAO *)

Why cannot he just stay politically neutral and keep selling jeans? Unless of course, the Democrats are giving him some kind of nice kickback if he stands up and says something like that? It's the only thing that makes sense to me!

FWIW

• Edited April 9, 2021 11:23 pm  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

4/10/21

I don’t know anything about that story.  Are Levis still that popular?  I don’t even remember the last time I saw them sold anywhere.  I’ve seen Lee jeans, and of course Wrangler are still very popular.

WALTER784

4/10/21

Showtalk said...

I don’t even remember the last time I saw them sold anywhere.  I’ve seen Lee jeans, and of course Wrangler are still very popular.

I'm a Wrangler man myself... so I don't really know.

FWIW

Edited to add: This is their stock price: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/LEVI/

• Edited April 10, 2021 11:27 am  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

4/10/21

Have their prices dropped since the big announcement?

WALTER784

4/10/21

Showtalk said...

Have their prices dropped since the big announcement?

At present... it decreased only a tad, but give it a week or two before anything can really be said. Who knows... there may be some parties prematurely buying their stocks because of their stance now, but after a few weeks... things should start to calm down and then we'll see more accurate figures!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

4/10/21

Their sales numbers over time would be more interesting than stock prices.  

Showtalk
Host

4/10/21

I just looked am ad for a big jeans sale.  Levi’s are sold and are on sale for men, but it was probably decided before the political news broke. They don’t carry Levi’s for women.

WALTER784

4/11/21

Showtalk said...

I just looked am ad for a big jeans sale.  Levi’s are sold and are on sale for men, but it was probably decided before the political news broke. They don’t carry Levi’s for women.

So not only are they politically biased, but also sexist (anti-women) as well? (* ROFLMAO *)

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

4/11/21

Apparently Levi’s are sexist jeans.

WALTER784

10/14/21

Cruz makes some very good points about the fake liberal bias against Voter ID laws the liberal news media always claim:

'You Think The Entire State Of Texas Is Racist?': Ted Cruz Grills Dem Witnesses On Voter ID Laws

FWIW