Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you happy Disneyland and Disneyworld are opening with Covid restrictions?   The Real You: Personality Poll

Started 5/1/21 by Showtalk; 4042 views.

Still cut into 8 pieces at 12 bucks each, is a lot more than I'd want to pay for a sandwich, considering i can get a really big one for about 4 bucks at United Supermarket (formerly Albertson's).

For 12 bucks I can eat really well outside of a theme park or other place that has jacked up food prices inside.

It is that policy in most places that has totally turned me off from setting foot in them. Theme parks - sports stadiums - and especially movie theaters. It is a slap in the face to the idea of living frugally for one. I'd say that's one of the really big if not one of the biggest reasons I haven't darkened the door of any of those kinds of venues this century. That was I think the major deal breaker for me.

Showtalk said:

It’s not much fun at all.

Yep. That goes for big crowds at almost anything, really, for me, but standing in line for intervals that push up against endurance limits for bladders and bowels and no escape, would be nightmare fuel in any dystopian novel.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Nightmare_Fuel

Showtalk
Host

Jun-6

Theme parks are marketed toward parents of children and toward teenagers. $12 isn’t for the food, it’s for the entertainment that surrounds it.  People are willing to moray that much to eat at a theme park surrounded by Mickey Mouse and Cinderella, even though they are all just very fancy illusions.

Showtalk
Host

Jun-6

Different personalities thrive in lines and crowds.  Can you imagine waiting for the New Year in Times Square packed in with strangers like sardines for hours? 

one person's heaven is another person's hell.

Showtalk said:

Can you imagine waiting for the New Year in Times Square packed in with strangers like sardines for hours?

Pre-covid, that would have been a miserable experience for me.

Mid and post covid, I now can say I will never experience that and have no desire to, and people don't look at me like I have 3 eyes or something.

Because it also involves the intrusive hassle of flying commercial. I hope I never have to set foot on an airliner again for the rest of my life, although I'd have no problem at all doing acrobatics and pulling high G forces in, say, a Pitts Special, or even a jet fighter.

Showtalk
Host

Jun-7

You aren’t alone. Covid has permanently changed a lot of vacation plans.

WALTER784

Jun-8

Showtalk said...

You aren’t alone. Covid has permanently changed a lot of vacation plans.

No kidding... for the past 30 years I've been telling my wife that we're going on a world cruise after I retire.

Covid came out in 2020 and I retired Mar 2021. During 2020 pandemic, I looked at my wife and asked if she still wanted to go on that world cruise when I retire next year and she and I both agreed that we WOULD NOT GO!!!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jun-9

Cruises are overrated. Go to Hawaii instead.