Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New waste laws planned. Do you agree? (SNP)   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-25 by Showtalk; 10099 views.
WALTER784

Aug-25

Your honor... I cannot pay this $1,000 fine.

The city claims that my food was edible because the expiration date had yet to expire.

But your honor... the cockroaches ate over half of it and thus I'm not about to put it in my mouth!

Etc. et.al ad infinum!!!

FWIW

WALTER784

Aug-25

Showtalk said...

I didn’t see a law about refrigeration but it’s only a matter of time before leaving food exposed and unattended will be illegal.

Go to Central Florida in August.

Go to a local super market and buy your groceries and place them in your car.

On your way home... you pass a pharmacy and you need to pick up a prescription.

Your prescription takes 20 minutes to fill.

Expect to be arrested because 20 minutes in a pharmacy parking lot in August in Central Florida will be leaving food exposed.

All I see are more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more lawsuits piling up due to the stupid laws some imbeciles in government have turned into draconian law!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-25

The worst is that one or two people come up with these ideas, but everyone else votes to pass them.

Showtalk
Host

Aug-25

I bet you have a strong opinion on this.

WALTER784

Aug-26

Showtalk said...

The worst is that one or two people come up with these ideas, but everyone else votes to pass them.

Welcome to the dumbing down of our general public by the education system!

Once dumbed down... they'll do what ever they're told and not even know why or whether it's good or bad!

They're minions that just do what they're told... 

FWIW

Alfi (THIALFI)

Aug-28

Businesses only, not individuals. Yet.

With the usual consequences: fewer businesses.

Showtalk
Host

Aug-28

Yes destroy businesses then reach into homes.  All the while setting different rules for themselves. Gavin Newsom is fighting for his political life and career because he went too far.

It sounds like another harebrained thing that either will be damn near impossible to enforce or will result in far worse problems than it tried to address.

The big problem is there is no proper infrastructure to make compliance even possible for most people.

what i see is a total Charlie Foxtrot coming out of that, and a bigger influx of refugees pouring into Texas to further "Californicate" our state demographics.

Showtalk
Host

Aug-29

I can understand wanting to use prepared food without throwing it out but the logistics are a nightmare,

It will cost more in other areas due to regulatory compliance costs, that dwarf whatever benefits come from such regulations.