Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

U.S drone strike killed aid worker and children   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Sep-10 by Showtalk; 1582 views.
Showtalk
Host

Sep-12

This has nothing to do with past history. Biden supposedly got out to end our involvement there. This was a single attack to show Biden is tough and it was hailed as a good thing.  It was done for political reasons after the withdrawal failed miserably and it also flopped.  There is no comparison at all between military decisions made in a war to those made when we have supposedly peacefully left a country.

Showtalk
Host

Sep-12

The facts are they politicized this attack for a reason.  It’s easy to criticize those talking about it, but the focus should be on those who made the decision and made a mistake. We all know Biden is not writing his own speeches, so who wrote that one? The military?  Biden isn’t making his own decisions anymore either. He has even said he is told who to call on during press briefings.  It’s all set up in advance. I did not make this stuff up. It’s all out there.  I wish he was mentally competent. Part of the reason I’m so upset with him is that he can’t withstand the pressures of the job. He shouldn’t even be there.  His mental decline is obvious to anyone who listens to him. I have listened to every speech he’s made the last few weeks.  Having been around people with early dementia, the signs to me are glaringly apparent.

Marci (marcinmin)

Sep-12

Trump is the one who made the deal with the Taliban and released 5000 prisoners. Yes Biden also pledged to get us out of Afghanistan as well. 20 years is long enough. Nation building only works when the country wants it. We’ve had enough Americans die in a wise we never should have been in. The war has also drained resources that should be spend on Americans 

WALTER784

Sep-12

Showtalk said...

The facts are they politicized this attack for a reason.  It’s easy to criticize those talking about it, but the focus should be on those who made the decision and made a mistake. We all know Biden is not writing his own speeches, so who wrote that one? The military?  Biden isn’t making his own decisions anymore either. He has even said he is told who to call on during press briefings.  It’s all set up in advance. I did not make this stuff up. It’s all out there.

You have no further to look than the State Department. The military had no say so over the withdrawal in Afghanistan. In fact, our military initially objected to the method in which they were told to pull out, but as Biden is their CIC... Biden... and the State Department are the ONLY ones who can be held responsible. They are the ones who made all the calls. 

So as for who is pulling the strings... State Department... they own it!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Sep-12

Prisoners for what? Masterminds? That was Obama.

Marci (marcinmin)

Sep-12

Those aren’t facts - they are opinions. You’ve assigned malicious intents to Biden with no facts in evidence. The list of who to call on is not new and intended to be fair and give all journalists a chance. Biden is going back to tradition where wire services are usually first, then network and cable news and then others. Trump held very few press conferences and called on friendly journalists and sometimes those he didn’t like in order to call them names. Fox tried to claim there was a secret list but had no facts to back that off. Besides, Fox News, Wall Street Journal, Newsmax and CBN do get called on. 

Marci (marcinmin)

Sep-12

Give us the pictures of the 5000 Taliban prisoners Trump released and the on on the terrorist watch list. Otherwise it is just propaganda

Marci (marcinmin)

Sep-12

Oh c’mon all Presidents have speechwriters. The right either claims Biden is senile and make fun of his stuttering or the only reason his speeches are good is because someone is writing them. Sheesh. 
Biden is definitely making his own decisions. He sees an opportunity to get things down that have been put off the last twenty years and is more concerned with that than worrying about politics at every turn. That’s why his agenda is bold. The previous presidents promised to end the war but didn’t get it done. Biden ripped off the bandage and is prepared to take the hits for it. War is messy and ending one is messy, too. Getting out quickly was the best decision. 

Marci (marcinmin)

Sep-12

Trump released 5000 Taliban prisoners from Afghan jails as part of the peace treaty Pompeo negotiated. The RNC removed all references to this deal as soon as Biden announced the withdrawals. They also removed the infamous photo op with Pompeo and the Taliban leader

Showtalk
Host

Sep-12

That is an interesting argument but it doesn’t address what I said, it addresses what I did. Biden is failing cognitively. He does not write his own speeches.  That has all been shown to be true by many sources. So they must be malicious.