Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should gas powered devices be banned?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Oct-10 by Showtalk; 1641 views.
The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Oct-10

“They are now offering discounts of as much as $25 a year if people agree to never use electricity during evening hours.”

Is this not related to excessive energy consumption and strain on the power grid? I seem to recall hearing recently that this was the case? I know this has been the case in other jurisdictions, which is magnified by aging equipment, over use consumption, and environmental factors like sweltering heat for several days in a row.

WALTER784

Oct-11

I voted other:

Gas powered devices... WOW!

Cars, trucks, buses, ships, shovel cars, concrete mixers, cranes, tractors, bulldozers, lawn mowers, electricity generators, motor cycles, propeller planes, back up emergency generators, camping cars, fishing boats, cruisers, water pumps, etc. et. al... the list goes on.

And do they have alternative devices which the state will provide free of charge for those to convert from their current gas devices to non-gas devices? Oh... that technology is not fully available or reliable yet!

Then the bill is ludicrous to say the least.

This is a state overreach which will cause only more Californian's to want to move elsewhere!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-11

They could boost the grid if they wanted to. I noticed right away the savings weren’t enough to compel most people to give up cooking or television or computer use during peak hours. When someone works outside the home all day, they need to use various devices or appliances when they return home. They are being asked to give up their only weekday free time when they can  prepare food, do laundry, even vacuum.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-11

That guy wants to be our president.  The crazy way elections go, it could happen.

WALTER784

Oct-11

Showtalk said...

That guy wants to be our president.  The crazy way elections go, it could happen.

Well... McCain and Hillary also wanted to be president... but neither of them ever made it!

On another note. Republicans have been talking about election fraud ever since Clinton was in office.

They also talked about it with Bush in office and with Obama in office and with Trump in office and even more so now with Biden in office.

Bottom line: Republicans have been talking about voter fraud for quite some time now.

However, when did the Democrats talk about election fraud? 

Ahhhh.... they only talk about election fraud when the incumbent they didn't vote for was in office.

But the Republicans talked about it regardless of whether their incumbent was in office or the other party was in office.

Bottom line #2: Unless we correct the voter fraud which Republicans continuously discuss regardless of which party is in office is resolved... he might just become POTUS and run the entire U.S. into the ground just like California!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-11

Republicans talk a lot but they maintain the status quo.  Democrats do a lot and talk a lot but a lot of what they say changes to fit their desired outcomes.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Oct-11

I don’t think computers, TVs abs stoves are really the high consumption devices in question here when it comes to the grid, the biggest that I keep hearing is hearing and cooling costs for homes that puts the greatest strain on.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-11

But when the temperatures are in the 100s or 40s indoors, people need heating or AC.  Laundry is included because machines can use a lot of electricity.

WALTER784

Oct-12

Well, voter fraud is a big concern and 2020 just proved it.

As for what will happen moving forward, I don't know but it's going to get much worse before it can ever get better... if that's even possible. We may already be at the point of no return.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-12

You have to ask if people who are getting exactly what they think they want are happier now than they were before.  A majority of the extreme liberals I know offline are grouchy and unhappy. I’m not sure why if they have what they wanted.