Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you mourning the loss of Colin Powell?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Oct-18 by Showtalk; 575 views.
Showtalk
Host

Oct-18

I used that word out of respect.  I agree, for many it’s honoring him and appreciating his achievements rather than being devastated that he died. He was a public figure but he wasn’t someone we elected to office.  So we are more removed from him.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-18

For me, "mourning" represents a personal relationship with the deceased.  Such as a family member, friend, or business acquaintances.  

Showtalk
Host

Oct-18

Then we can disagree. Still, I think most people voting will understand what I meant.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-18

I think most people use mourning to describe any loss of a pubic figure.  It's just my personal approach and certainly not the predominant approach.  Bet 99% would agree with you, LOL.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Oct-18

An actual republican who called it like it was and was pretty much completely on point with Trump and like the patriot republicans at the Lincoln Project voted democrat in a monumental display of political courage.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-18

I think so, LOL.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-18

He owed the anti Trumpers.  People like GW Bush.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-18

Or maybe it was his honest opinion

Showtalk
Host

Oct-18

Political opinions are often based on loyalty and other reasons., like what is in it for him.